View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2005, 09:08 PM
lol ripsnort, get really drunk may help and a hammer over my head too!! but maybe will work myself up to it!
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2005, 10:01 PM
Hope you feel better soon, sinus problems are awful....
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2005, 10:02 PM
ty moli, at the mo no pain cus i have steamed, but will come back soon!!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2005, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by Dinahsmum
Acupuncture really doesn't hurt!
Very true and I'll tell you a weird story. At the moment I'm doing the rounds in the community (as a student nurse before anyone gets any ideas) which is part of the second year. I spent time in a hospice and one afternoon I spent time with the Acupunturist. So I was sat watching him treat a patient and he said do you have any pain anywhere. I said yeah on my back in the right shoulder blade. So to make a long story short he checks my pulse etc and says you have a small intestinal problem or possibly gynecaelogical! Little does he know I was admitted into A & E last September for a suspected Apaendicitis/UTI/Gyney problem!!! Freaky or what? Then he applied some modern Acupuncture (plasters with pressure points/blunt needles on them) to the relevant parts on my right hand and the pain in my back was gone in 10 minutes! Now you may well say that it was psychological but I've spoken to other students that say they had the same effect and so do the patients. As soon as I took the plasters off the pain was back in half an hour!! So I'd definitely recommend it, if you can't stand needles try Acupressure like Acupuncture but without the needles and more like a massage!
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2005, 10:32 PM
oh wow what a story, will look in to it, but i am still scared
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2005, 10:37 PM
Yeah I would, I'm a big fan of complementary therapies they can really do the business if you know what I mean. A student that went after me that has sinus problems said he did the same thing and his pain was gone in an instance! I'll have a look to see if I can find any other alternatives. Homeopathy can be good but it's not "scientifically proven" like Acupuncture but might be worth a try. They have to look into your whole medical histroy to work out the best treatment though, so the first consult might be a bit pricey!
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2005, 10:40 PM
well if the pain is gonna be as bad as it now, i dont care hun cus sometimes i just wanna cry and sometimes i do and even that hurts
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2005, 10:51 PM
Gotta ask how long have you had it and have you suffered from hay fever in the past or at present?
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2005, 11:02 PM
well 3 weeks now, and a lil hay fever every summer
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2005, 11:02 PM
I've looked at a few websites that I'll PM you for now, the acupuncture one is good as it has the name of the acupuncturist I was with!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >