View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2009, 01:08 PM
It looks a lovely area to stay Ramble Shame Tango decided to get herself in a tangle!

I wouldn't worry too much about her being zapped by an electric fence, and hope it might put her off going to investigate sheep in the future. I have touched a few electric fences in my time and even though they aren't pleasant, they aren't particularly painful either. They are only really used up here for horses and cattle. We don't have any electric fences around sheep, and I can't really see the reason for them tbh. They certainly wouldn't deter a fox.

It is very surprising that she would chase sheep considering she is an ex working gundog ... but perhaps she either worked in a sheep-free area (quite unlikely) or was used to wearing an e-collar while working through sheep.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2009, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
It looks a lovely area to stay Ramble Shame Tango decided to get herself in a tangle!

I wouldn't worry too much about her being zapped by an electric fence, and hope it might put her off going to investigate sheep in the future. I have touched a few electric fences in my time and even though they aren't pleasant, they aren't particularly painful either. They are only really used up here for horses and cattle. We don't have any electric fences around sheep, and I can't really see the reason for them tbh. They certainly wouldn't deter a fox.

It is very surprising that she would chase sheep considering she is an ex working gundog ... but perhaps she either worked in a sheep-free area (quite unlikely) or was used to wearing an e-collar while working through sheep.
I was hoping you would comment and shed light on the fence/sheep thing. I did wonder why they had it round sheep...

I have also wondered about whether she wore an ecollar...it is pure hypothesis but the hair around her neck is a lot thicker and a different texture. It made me wonder...
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2009, 08:34 PM
glad that Tango is no worse for wear with her brush with the sheep and the fence !!!

Remind me never to go to that cottage as gorgeous as it looks., Bruno would spend the whole holiday with determination to get to those sheep !!!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3