Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2024, 08:01 AM

Tuesday 16th January 2024

Morning all. Hope you all had a good evening. As I have nothing more to say really about my ongoing problem I am going to now wait each day for someone else to open the Daily Thread. Then I will have something different, hopefully to input. Have a good day everyone. Chilly here and frosty.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-01-2024, 08:26 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
It will all come right in the end brenda but seems it is going to be mentally draining for you.

No frost today but chilly Gorden reports after putting the recycling out.
We have our friend Debbie coming later with her lovely Bernese boy Bran who is a therapy dog and they will have done their visit to the local prison.

griff sorry your mum had issues getting the injection after going all that way.
Oh dear what a problem for your dad.
Sue I hope now you are back on duty the journeys aren't being unkind.
Chris keep enjoying the breakfasts.
Kazz enjoy your day.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2024, 08:59 AM
Good morning Brenda and Lynn

Hopefully things will soon be resolved for your Brenda

Enjoy your Bernese cuddles Lynn.

Your poor mum Kelly to travel all that way and nothing. Perhaps your dad's card problem is the kick he needs to sort things out and not leave it to you to do.

Very cold and frosty here again this morning. Teazle walked and washing on radiators and airer. Out to the library shortly but that is all that is planned today. Not on duty this week as Ben is still between jobs just wish they would give him a start date.

Take care everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2024, 10:56 AM
Morning all.
Sue, no, he was completely clueless what to do....he is forever trying to buy stuff, I had told him previously he couldn't buy anything without approval but obviously that doesn't work anymore, I will just install the banking app and keep an eye, he knows I would never touch his money but I will just be able to resolve stuff without actually having to spend time with him.
Lynn, enjoy your visit with Bran.
Brenda, for what it's worth, you can't really end up any worse of than you are now....if they start kicking off, you can just say have the money and the hassle of dealing with his estate...me, personally, I would be at citizens advice or the law centre and ask advice in advance, sometimes knowing your rights in advance can be reassuring
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-01-2024, 11:24 AM
an American gets off the plane at Dublin airport in Ireland. There on the edge or the tarmac is a trestle*table with*a white cloth covering it. as he looked*he saw it was covered with human*skulls . she he asken the*Irishman* behind the table whose skulls*there were. Will said to the Irishman this one is the famous Paddy Murphy who saved the**village from a terrible fire. This one is Michael O'flyn who saved a boy*from drowning. And this one is St Patrick our patron saint of all Ireland.So the American asked if they were for sale? sure they are said the Irishman and when asked the price of St Patrick's skull he went and bought it. The American took it home very proud of having a famous person's skull.
5 years later the American returned to the*same airport and still there was the*same table*with skulls laid out on it. On asking whose skulls they were the Irishman said*his one is the famous Paddy Murphy who saved the**village from a terrible fire. This one is Michael O'flyn who saved a boy*from drowning. And this one is St Patrick out patron saint of all Ireland.But the american said 5 years*ago I bought St Patrick skull, this*one is a lot smaller.*Ah said the Irishman this*one was from when he was a boy
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2024, 11:28 AM
Kelly I have spoken to a solicitor and read the government website and the citizens advice website and they all say that I am next of kin as still his wife. All I need to know is that his two daughters will get what is legally theirs as long as the place he ends up in doesn't take his sale of the flat for staying in that place. Anyway hope everyone has a good day. I commend you Kelly for looking after your dad even though you don't really want to.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-01-2024, 11:56 AM
brenda they will take money from the estate to pay for his care. This happened to mum.
if it happens that he goes into somewhere before the flat is sold they will add interest.
Our eldest brother was in charge of mum's and bank had been for a few years as requested by mum.
He made sure he put as much as possible into a high interest account so she always had enough for her bills to be paid in regard to the home she was in.

Because of this we ended up with far more money than any of us expected.
It will be inevitable though that his care will have to be paid out of the sale of the property.
Hopefully there will be some left for your daughters.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2024, 01:30 PM
Lol Barry
Brenda, the flat will be sold to cover his fees and anything left will go to you and then you can leave it untouched for your daughter's if you wish, I think his family are disgusting for putting this extra pressure on you, it's all just unnecessary stress isn't it??
I don't really have a choice but to help him, if I don't step in early on, it will end up in a right mess and will just be harder to rectify. He was buying something for £30 odd and somehow it ended up at £160 odd... luckily nationwide stopped it.
Just heard from my consultant who has requested to see.menin march on Oxford, I have told him he can put it back if he wants as I have an appointment at the Meriden and can go a few months later( they are short of staff in Oxford)
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2024, 03:41 PM
Afternoon all

Car put though car wash, then parked it in the sunshine while I went for breakfast with a couple of friends. All good with the World next step clean the car inside on Friday when off no other plans.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-01-2024, 06:42 PM
https://flic.kr/p/2mPzSeQ
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >