Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2019, 07:38 AM

Daily Chat Wednesday 18th December 2019

Morning all. Well I thought I would just post quickly to say that nothing has changed about hubby coming home. Fell out with my sister in law last evening as she said that hubby had said he would be coming home today. I said not yet because it isn't safe for him to use the stairs. She has no idea I think of what he has been really like. I keep telling the hospital but they don't seem to grasp it. They say that he has passed the stair assessment but I suspect that they have two banisters and not one like us at home. Anyway just thought I would let you all know as you have all been so kind in keeping my spirit up.
I still miss my beautiful boy Tyto. 14 months and oh I never thought I would miss one of my beloved companions so much. Hope you all have a great day. Only a week to go till Christmas Day and I am dreading it. Never used to but hey it is only one day. Isn't it? Unfortunately with hubby's wrist in plaster I will have to cut his food up for him, just like having a baby back. Hm not saying a word.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2019, 07:39 AM
Good morning everyone, I hope you are all fit and well and those not get well soon. Your four legged friends also.

Have a good day everyone, wrap up warm and dry and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-12-2019, 08:18 AM
Morning brenda and Moyra and all to follow.

brenda I was thinking of you yesterday and wondering what the situation was. Don't get me started on hospitals and their assessments the rows I use to have regards mum after falls, living on her own and them saying she was assessed and ok to go home.
Peter mostly with Gill and us chipping in to help back him up.
Sorry you have had a falling out with SIL, trouble when you don't actually live with someone and the situation you cannot really make fair comment well I believe anyway and that it is better to try to help and support than give the opinion you know more than you do.
I imagine times like these the loss of Tyto feels worse than usual.

Gorden is painting the outside of the cabin today while I get the decs up in the bungalow, sort the washing generally tidy and get some mince pies made and sausage rolls tomorrow.
Shopping Friday possibly Michael and Margaret popping over Saturday, quieter day Sunday hopefully then Michael home Monday he is cooking dinner when he arrives which will be greatly appreciated.
To say we are now worn out is an understatement.

griff hope you are feeling better today.
Also Harvey, plus hope you are feeling better to Moyra.
Hope you are enjoying your break from work Kazz and that your dilemma is sorting itself in your mind.
Sue hope your day so far has been a little easier and continues to.

Hoping everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2019, 09:21 AM
Good morning all from a very dark Skeggy. I'm sure it's still night.

Brenda, stick to your guns and fight 'em all the way until you are sure both you and he will cope.

As for family, you have to be firm. I threatened my lot . If your sister-in-law persists, tell her he will have to go live with her until you feel both you and he can cope. That should quieten her.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2019, 10:33 AM
Good morning Brenda, Lynn, Chris and all who follow

I agree with Chris let SIL have hubby until he is safe to be let loose at home she will soon send him back to you

Hope Gorden finished the outside of the chalet today then you can both take it easier. Lovely to have family near for Christmas

Dry here today which makes a change. Yes today is quieter on the getting to work front, he actually listened this morning and arrived with half an hour to spare and also found the elusive road. Will be getting the sat nav updated but not until January. It is free so why not do it when a car is serviced instead of leaving you to find out how out of date it is

Been busy washing - final load now going in the tumble dryer. Barry has another eye appointment this afternoon fingers crossed all is still ok.

Hope all are well especially Moyra, Griff and Harvey

Have a good day.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2019, 11:12 AM
Personally I don't want him.bg!! But the hospital have just rung to say they are sending him home this afternoon despite me telling them about my worries re stairs and recurring uti's. Hey ho will let you know how I get on in a couple of days. Off to lie in a darkened room to scream. lol!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2019, 11:16 AM
Oh bloody hell Brenda! Well, if he does fall... you can't have made it any clearer to the hospital and your sil
Mum did a photo book for her friend and everyone loved it, her other friend called last night and said she hadn't got a nice photo of herself and could I please get her some copies of the pictures, I wasn't intending on going out today but I am off to print photos and I guess I best go buy new underwear for Friday lol
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2019, 01:10 PM
Oh heck, Brenda. Can't think of anything else to say except, perhaps, good luck.

My Daughter is in the middle of a nightmare. Her house sale completed yesterday and the money hasn't gone in the bank. She's been on the 'phone to the solicitor all day and it's their fault. They've put the payment in joint names instead of the name of just her husband and they don't seem interested in sorting it out.

I've advised her to speak to one of the partners at the solicitors and threaten them with the ombudsman if it isn't sorted today, but what a bloody mess
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2019, 02:37 PM
Good afternoon all.

What's happened to Moyra? hope all is okay, maybe out for meal or shopping while its quieter with the car working okay.

Been to work and now home.

Got to laugh but I could happily scream.

Ordered something from Amazon but it is a duplicate ordered two sizes but the one that came the other day is the right size . So decided to not accept the parcel simple enough.
That was fine in principle apart from the fact I missed him (great) but unbeknown to me my neighbour who is 83 (lady whose husband died same week as Mom) saw the delivery man then saw him return with it to the van
as she knew I was in - which I was but actually in the shower she chased him down well sent the young lad from opposite to catch him and accepted the delivery the brought it to me. I have now taken it to the post office to return £3 ah well its Christmas and a season of niceness. Only in my street.

Brenda I can almost feel your pain its tangible. Hope the homecoming is better than you perceive it will be. If you get really fed up on Christmas day pop on here we can agree times and we can chat about TV programmes on etc like sharing but in different locations. Get the council/social services to come and fit another handrail they did for Dad made life much easier but he will be a bit stuffed at the moment I suspect with one arm in plaster. Have you not made up with your daughter yet? I agree with telling your SIL to butt out.

Lynn Pictures will be good but sounds brilliant and sounds like a nice Christmas planned this is your Happy Home.

Sue Eureka the road has magically appeared on his journey must be CHRISTMAS magic. LOL Hope hubby' eye test is as good as last time.

Griff Plans of mice, men and Griffs are often sent awry by Mothers friends LOL

Chris Blinking heck that's a c*ck up hope it gets sorted. Totally with you on the partners and then ombudsman when do they buy their next house I mean the ramifications/fall out from this i.e loss of next house etc
could be tremendous.

This is working out to be a Christmas we will recall. Catch you all later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-12-2019, 02:48 PM
Goodness brenda not what you needed.
Chris what a nightmare I really hope they get it sorted by close of business today.
Oh dear Kazz lovely to have helpful neighbours but sometimes it can turn out to be a pain in the butt.

Here are some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3982.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	6116   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3983.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	6117   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3984.jpg