register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: When do you take your dog to the Vet?
Once a year for a full check-up. 13 32.50%
Once a year for yearly boosters. 17 42.50%
Only when the dog is ill. 24 60.00%
Any other reason. 7 17.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-11-2013, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Ram once said that Pereg was the first dog he had ever known to fall asleep on the table!
Mine are more likely to sneak a kiss, although Diesel is likely to smother him in kisses if I don't hold onto his chops.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2013, 04:27 PM
Yearly boosters, cos Rosie gets a full check up then too, and when she's ill, also I take her in to weigh her. She loves going, and wants to go even when we walk by lol
Dogloverlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-11-2013, 04:38 PM
C.

I don't vaccinate my two and there is no other reason I'd take them other then them being ill. Although I feel I should maybe start with the more frequent check ups now I have a senior.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2013, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by Dogloverlou View Post
C.

I don't vaccinate my two and there is no other reason I'd take them other then them being ill. Although I feel I should maybe start with the more frequent check ups now I have a senior.
I like this mentality. Lots of vets only want your money and there are many studies that say vaccines are often far more harmful than helpful.

I am forced to vaccinate under penalty of law, and the shelter can also find me in breach of contract and try and take my dog if I don't vaccinate.

I do take the oldie in twice a year... but have been doing this for years and nothing has been found...
Dogloverlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
I like this mentality. Lots of vets only want your money and there are many studies that say vaccines are often far more harmful than helpful.

I am forced to vaccinate under penalty of law, and the shelter can also find me in breach of contract and try and take my dog if I don't vaccinate.

I do take the oldie in twice a year... but have been doing this for years and nothing has been found...
Yep. Having read countless articles and studies regarding vaccinations I find choosing not to vaccinate to be the best option. I DO believe in the initial puppy vaccines, but other then that I don't believe anymore are necessary.

I know the rabies vaccine is required by law over there but didn't know general boosters are too. That's a shame.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2013, 05:07 PM
Once a year for mine
Kitkat_
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-11-2013, 10:41 PM
No boosters, no check ups. He only goes if necessary, I will clean and treat any minor wounds and he has never had anything worthy visiting the vets for
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-11-2013, 11:43 PM
Since about the age of 7, every time I took Skye to the vet they found something of concern.

He's 16 now and I take him when I think there's something wrong LOL

Breagh - as required

Mij - just a baby so boosters for now.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2013, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by Dogloverlou View Post
Yep. Having read countless articles and studies regarding vaccinations I find choosing not to vaccinate to be the best option. I DO believe in the initial puppy vaccines, but other then that I don't believe anymore are necessary.

I know the rabies vaccine is required by law over there but didn't know general boosters are too. That's a shame.
The other boosters are not required by law, but when I adopted Nigredo in April, they made me promise to give them to him as per the contract. All the boosters until he was two... lame, right?

Nothing was stopping me from getting my baby boy, so I agreed and am simply upholding the contract so they will have nothing to bother me about.
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-11-2013, 10:36 AM
1, 2 and 3 if they need it.

We are there tonight for boosters and for Rob to be checked as he is limping on his left front leg.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >