View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2007, 04:25 PM
The one that sticks in my mind is Gobbelino The Witches Cat, I loved this and was about 6 at the time! I know I will have read others prior to this, but this is the one I recall!!

I also loved Milly Molly Mandy series, anyone remember those? They were all about this little girl and the adventures she got up to in her village. I remember there was even a map of the village drawn on the first couple of pages where it showed you which was her house and where her friends lived!
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2007, 04:30 PM
The first proper book i read was Watership down. I must of read it about 10 times
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2007, 07:13 AM
I can't remember which book it would have been but i know it would have been writen by Enid Blyton. i started reading really early on about four i think, my mum taught me before i started school. i've still got all my Enid books and i love flicking through them now if i get the chance they bring back the best memory's.
Nicky1979
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-07-2007, 11:39 AM
I was a total Enid Blyton fan when I was little, I think mum & dad still have all the books up in their loft somewhere

I also feel in love with Goodnight Mr Tom when I was at 1st school - and loved the tv adaptation that was done not so long ago with John Thaw (sp?)
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-07-2007, 12:18 PM
Enid Blyton, The Magic Far Away Tree I've still got the book now
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2007, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
The one that sticks in my mind is Gobbelino The Witches Cat, I loved this and was about 6 at the time! I know I will have read others prior to this, but this is the one I recall
Oh my god,i remember lovin that book........only now i can't recall anything about it

That and 'Tim and Tobias' and the 'Village with Three corners' books with 'Roger Red' hat' 'Billy Blue hat' etc...
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-07-2007, 03:47 PM
One that sticks in my mind, well infact it is three, they were 'The Twits - By Roald Dahl"

"Superfudge -By Judy Blume" and "Tigereyes - By Judy Blume"

I read an awful lot as a child and still have most of the books I collected as a child, mostly by the above writers and a collection of C.S Lewis books
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2007, 11:03 PM
I have always been an avid reader so can't remember the very first book I read as there were so many. But one book that haunted me was "The Wild White Stallion" that I read in a day when I was about 9 or something and off sick from school. Oh how I cried!
Schnauzerbabe
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-07-2007, 07:26 PM
The very first books I can remember reading were the Janet and John books we read at school but the book that sticks in my mind the most from my childhood was The Hill of the Red Fox which was based on the Isle of Skye and I think that was were my love for Scotland stems from though we have never been over to Skye as something always stops us when we have been in Scotland... My mum says it's not mean't to be that I go there and she has now spooked me a little...
But here's hoping...
Sue
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2007, 07:53 PM
Black Beauty by Anna Sewell. It made such an impression on me and I read it over and over again. It became very dog-eared in the end. Also Wind in the Willows - another firm favourite. I think these two books started me off with my passion for reading, which I still do several times a day
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >