View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-06-2007, 06:34 PM

can you remember the first book you read as a child?

the very first book i read was MOBY DICK. i was 10yrs old at the time. it's stuck in my mind ever since, the first three words are, " call me ishmail ". but, i can't remember the author, who wrote it ??
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 06:45 PM
Herman Melville wrote Moby Dick.

I can't remember what was my first book, but one I that I absolutely loved was The Talking Parcel by Gerald Durrell. I loved that book.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-06-2007, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by beckyc View Post
Herman Melville wrote Moby Dick.

I can't remember what was my first book, but one I that I absolutely loved was The Talking Parcel by Gerald Durrell. I loved that book.
thanks for that, i still have the book somewhere in the house. probably filed under archives !!
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 06:51 PM
The very first that I read myself was at school and it was a whole series about Tom & Ann. After that I think it would have been something by Enid Blyton whose books I loved.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
thanks for that, i still have the book somewhere in the house. probably filed under archives !!
You've made me think, I probably have my copy of 'The Talking Parcel' somewhere.

It was at Mum's before she moved here, the whole upstairs was a library, and I'm sure when we packed I kept that book. Which means it's in a box in the garage..... now which one?
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 07:14 PM
101 Dalmatians, when I was four years old.
It was my first `proper` book [ yes I could read it ]. I still have that actual copy, its a treasured possession and I don`t mind admitting it
Its not yet been surpassed as my all time favourite, probably because of it being my first proper book and being about dogs of course
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 07:22 PM
The only book I remember was Alice in Wonderland given to me by my Grandpa and I still have it!
Becky
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-06-2007, 07:28 PM
I must admit that to my knowledge I have never willingly read a story book as I hate reading.

If I really must read a something then it will have to do with some new European legislation that has either just come in or is on its way.

The latest pile of cr*p I have got to get my brain around has to do with 3 phase electrical installations in hospitals and factories.

Sounds really exciting doesn't it?
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-06-2007, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by Colin Bradish View Post
I must admit that to my knowledge I have never willingly read a story book as I hate reading.

If I really must read a something then it will have to do with some new European legislation that has either just come in or is on its way.

The latest pile of cr*p I have got to get my brain around has to do with 3 phase electrical installations in hospitals and factories.

nah, it's ILUMINATING !!
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by Colin Bradish View Post

Ah,a clever clogs to boot eh.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »