Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2009, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
So pleased Diversity won - something about Susan Boyle's attitude I didn't like - can't put my finger on what is was but I'm sure she will do well.
She seemed really miserable tonight. Doesn't exactly inspire people to pick up the phone and vote if she can't even muster up a smile.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2009, 10:14 PM
Diversity were FANTASTIC and definitely deserved to win imo! Su Bo is definitely a little freaky but I like her. I warm to "different" people No doubt, she's gonna make it big time with that voice.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2009, 11:46 PM
To be honest I think her voice is ok. It is IMO only the fact that the voice was such a shock coming from her that made her newsworthy. I am sure though like PPotts that an image change and some voice lessons she will do very well fir herself. She has the ability. Sorry if I sound harsh but I hate people jumping on the band wagon. I just didn't like the way she was almost being made fun of through it all.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-05-2009, 12:16 AM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
To be honest I think her voice is ok. It is IMO only the fact that the voice was such a shock coming from her that made her newsworthy. I am sure though like PPotts that an image change and some voice lessons she will do very well fir herself. She has the ability. Sorry if I sound harsh but I hate people jumping on the band wagon. I just didn't like the way she was almost being made fun of through it all.
Couldn't agree more Rach.

In my opinion Susan Boyle made the news because of how well she performed following her odd manner and the way the judges mocked her prior to her first performance.

Yes she's got a great voice but so have loads of people.

The Susan Boyle 'factor' was how we were all of a sudden having to admit that we also judge people for the wrong reasons.

The poor woman has obviously led a quiet life and I really hope she gets a break and gets the chance to do what she obviously loves.

As for the result - I wanted the Greek dancers tio win but I think Diversity desrved it.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 08:38 AM
I'm so pleased Diversity won. I think their act is pretty unique the way they have a story, with a bit of comedy in it, it really is entertainment. Having said that Stavros Flatly made me laugh too. I think they'll get a little bit out of it as well!
What Julian Smith has done with regards to getting people to listen to a true musician is also remarkable. Something I don't think he could have achieved had he not gone on BGT. He has opened up a new world of music to many people and I hope he gets somewhere now.
Becky
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 08:49 AM
Her voice is quite good but limited. Listen to it live with your eyes closed - you`ll hear the wobbles.
It`ll be interesting seeing Simon Cowell try to make money out of a dance troupe.
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 09:03 AM
The rich and famous are already booking Diversity and they are being put forward to be in the opening ceremony of the olympics!
Good luck to them
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 09:29 AM
The only thing I hope is that these boys do not rely on this as being a life long thing, because it wont be. I hope they continue with their studies etc to ensure that when this dies down they can still make their way in the world.
Becky
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 10:14 AM
I can't believe that people think that SB's voice is "okay" - I thought it was bl@@dy fab!!!
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 10:21 AM
Loved Diversity!!! On the night, very worthy winners.

Did not expect a dance group to win but so glad they did

Loved Stavros Flatley too, had me laughing so much, glad they got to the final.
Page 5 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >