Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Indeed. This used to be a reasonable area but we have had a lot of trouble with youths recently.

Numerous calls to the police, one by a neighbour who had both his cars seriously (and expensively) vandalised have not been successful in bringing out ONE officer. I was told, on both occasions I rang, that there was nobody available.

Yet one morning, a couple of months ago, they managed to send out TWELVE officers to walk around the area checking on tax discs and rubbish.
Good grief! Is it any wonder people are tempted to take the law into their own hands?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Hewey View Post
I find that extremely patronising. Of course I appreciate that parents are protective of their children and of course I understand that is why people get heated but that does nothing to alter the fact that you cannot run a countries justice system fairly by allowing them to respond in a gut fashion.
I'm sorry you feel that way. It wasn't meant to be.
It's still what I believe though.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-04-2007, 07:52 PM
I find that extremely patronising. Of course I appreciate that parents are protective of their children and of course I understand that is why people get heated but that does nothing to alter the fact that you cannot run a countries justice system fairly by allowing them to respond in a gut fashion.
Justice system? It's loaded against Joe Blogs and in favour of Jimmy Criminal...... Thats what the people here are trying to say..... If the Government, authorities etc got off their expensive sofas and done their job then we wouldn't have to do it for them.... But until such time those pink elephants take off..... you need to protect yourself and your kin... I don't think anybody disagrees with your theory... but look out into the big bad world... It's just not working
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 07:52 PM
Hewey - look at post 129, and then tell us that we're better off calling the police.
It would appear they only come out "if the price is right".

I rest my case.
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2007, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
Surely you can't move everytime something like this happens
Goodness, if it happened repeatedly I would have to consider whether it was me that was the bad neighbour
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Good grief! Is it any wonder people are tempted to take the law into their own hands?
And I had to wait a couple of hours after I called for them to phone me back and tell me there was nobody available. I'd even told them I was on my own with a baby and worried (which was the truth) ...

The guy who had his cars vandalised - his story is ...

A yob spat on his car and he made him clean it off. Being a hard-working family man he probably thought this was appropriate. His car subsequently had a lump of concrete chucked at it so the side now has a big dent in it. His wife's car has been badly 'keyed' and a wing mirror smashed.

The Police weren't going to come out until he told them he'd go after the yob with a baseball bat and had a go at the Police because they wouldn't come out. Apparently a 'Community Support Officer' is coming around to all the houses to talk to us ... still waiting ...
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Hewey - look at post 129, and then tell us that we're better off calling the police.
It would appear they only come out "if the price is right".

I rest my case.
Post 129 appears to be about a case of vandalism not harm to a human.
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 08:12 PM
Goodness, if it happened repeatedly I would have to consider whether it was me that was the bad neighbour
excuse me - that was below the belt!
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 08:15 PM
Post 129 appears to be about a case of vandalism not harm to a human.
oh so thats ok then is it???
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2007, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by eloquence View Post
excuse me - that was below the belt!
You will have to forgive me I have not read all your posts. Are you saying you have moved several times and had trouble everytime? I'm sorry if that is the case perhaps I could have worded it better but we do always have to consider how we fit into society and whether there is anything that we can do to make that work more smoothly don't we?
Page 14 of 18 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »