View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-12-2016, 04:39 PM
Hello all. Back from the garden centre and treating Joel to lunch then onto a tackle shop where he bought some lures and maggots.
He is now out there fishing wrapped up in 3 layers to keep warm.
We have decided to take him back Saturday so he can have a whole day fishing with his new toys.
Mark is in a pickle he doesn't want to take him back at all unfortunately he has to go back due to school.
Mark is meant to be staying in Essex tomorrow so him and Lauren can go to London Saturday and he will return Sunday thing is it means Gorden and I cannot do anything without having to incorporate Joel into our plans and he returns to work Tuesday. That would only leave a day for us to do anything. So I will go shopping tomorrow Gorden will stay here so Joel can fish and we will run him back to Donna's Saturday and stop at a garden centre and grab a coffee on the way back.
Also we will get our bed back Saturday night.
I feel bad about saying he needs to go back but he broke up on a Wednesday and Mark brought him back on the Thursday evening so Gorden and I have been sleeping on the sofa bed downstairs since then and looked after him over Christmas and made all our plans around him being here.
We had him all summer too and also Owen for 2-3 weeks. It's not like we get that much time together these days.
The boys do offer to sleep down here but what with Dillon we feel it's easier if we sleep down here and they have the upstairs.
Feel really mean about it but Mark is off next week so he will go over for a day pick him up and get his new shoes he needs and his haircut before he returns to school.
griff fingers crossed Deags is now over the worst.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-12-2016, 05:02 PM
I think Joel is very lucky to have you for his grandparents, Lynn. The other set don't seem to give a toss as to his welfare, and I keep thinking about those poor little babies being brought into all this. You have done over and above anything anyone else is doing, pity no one is listening to you or Mark as regards the situation at the house.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-12-2016, 05:24 PM
I know June Mark and I are so frustrated with the so called welfare woman at school. Mark did as she asked in the end during the summer and reported things to the nspcc.
Still diddly squat done. I had to go to his bag the other day which he brings and takes his clothes backwards and forwards it stank of dog. How is he meant to keep anything you wash smelling nice ?
When we took him out today he had his nice new clothes on he had bought for him at christmas his Jean Paul Gaultier aftershave on which Michael bought him he also bought him a Ralph Lauren t.shirt which is his pride and joy. He looked so smart.
Breaks my heart.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2016, 06:58 PM
Lynn different strokes for different folks....surely he is at an age where if they went to court it would take into account of his choice of where/who he lives with. Is that what Mark will end up doing when he gets a place to live
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-12-2016, 07:15 PM
If I get told off only 3 times or less by Sue I consider it a successfuil day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-12-2016, 07:23 PM
Probably will not need to go to court now Kazz he is of an age 15 in March where he can say where he would prefer to live I think.
Mark when Joel was younger was never able to afford to go to court and we were not in a position to help him.
It's very difficult when you have no parental rights and social services have no real intention of checking things out even with her dire track record with her first child. Who she got back after dumping him on her mum to recover from drug and alcohol problems.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2016, 07:53 PM
Well all in all he appears to be a well adjusted lad, and at 15 he is not likely to forget where and who helped him, put themselves out, loved him and gave up their bed and gave him boundaries. But he will always love his Mom and thats a good thing.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-12-2016, 09:03 PM
Kazz he has no feelings for her and even less respect.
Mark said to him earlier why do you play your mum up so much because we have no problems with him. He tidies up behind himself and takes it on the chin if you reprimand him for something. His response because I don't like her.
They really clash she has said to Mark he annoys her because he is so much like his dad.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2016, 10:26 PM
Hey peeps,
Hope everyone had a good day.Always find you guys a great help in times of crisis,so I'll be logging on any chance I get.Thankyou all for your support and kindness,it means so much xx
Been a busy day,getting to spend much needed quality time with hubby,he has been a star,as usual.Not sure how I'd cope without him tbh...picked the very best,I think
Big day for the girls tomorrowall systems go,house is gleaming,dec's are up,pressies all wrapped and ready.I got them clothes(like they need them) two of those bikes with the hood and parent handle and a playhouse.Still haven't opened a lot of their Christmas pressies yetThere is no where to sit in my house at the mo,but what the hell?its all good
Mum already bought their Birthday Presents,so I've wrapped them and wrote the cards for her,think it's lovely that they'll have thatForty people coming in total,it'll be a sketch watching them trying to fit in,the more the merrier I say.Keeps the mind occupied and the body busy
Wee Lacey is extra clingy lately,so she's having lots of cuddles.Funny how they can sense something's not right isn't it?Bless her,she's so good
Going to grab a cuppa and have a catch up xx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-12-2016, 10:49 PM
Hope the twins have a wonderful day tomorrow, and its extra special that your mum organised their prezzies despite how bad things were for her.
Have a good day yourself Eileen and lots of hugs
I did put a quick update on last time you were on here a few months ago because a lot has happened, but don't think you saw it. When you are ready I will tell you all about Lona's g.grandchildren etc
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >