Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
John Bull
Dogsey Junior
Male 

28-10-2009, 12:25 PM

Greyhounds

Are Greyhounds really just pieces of meat that run round tracks and fullfill the fantasies, pleasure and win money for their self-centered and selfish owners, then when they are no longer of any use are dispensed with as redundant assets like an empty beer can ?

What a revolting, materialistic and inconsiderate creation we are. Pass the bucket I wanna puke.

John Bull
spot
Dogsey Veteran

28-10-2009, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by John Bull View Post
Are Greyhounds really just pieces of meat that run round tracks and fullfill the fantasies, pleasure and win money for their self-centered and selfish owners, then when they are no longer of any use are dispensed with as redundant assets like an empty beer can ?

What a revolting, materialistic and inconsiderate creation we are. Pass the bucket I wanna puke.

John Bull
In a word yes and its not just owners but trainers and those who protect those who abuse the dogs but also those who can see no wrong and think its a great 'sport'.

Greyhounds to these people are not dogs just pieces of meat to entertain them, they are certainly no dog lovers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2zlPSAxJ3s
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-10-2009, 02:55 PM
After bringing our two home from the rescue centre and hearing, from the lady (Debbie) running the centre, the condition that some of the greyhounds come into the centre in, we will never goto watch greyhound racing again.

It's all very well standing there cheering on the dog that you have put money on, but how many of the race goers actually think what happens to the dogs afterwards?

Our two are only just 4 years old, there are no official records of any races Lady ran in. She was handed in to the centre by her trainer and Debbie said she wasn't in too bad a condition and that she thinks Lady was run on flapping tracks instead of legimate racecourses. Robbie was described as being manky, scabby and thin and was handed in, in Debbie's words 'by a scrote' she wanted to smack. Apparently he had been bought at Keighley Lurcher show a few days and the lad decided he didn't want him anymore. There are records of Robbie racing and on the greyhound data website there are video's of him running in a puppy derby in Birmingham. To think that at under 4 years he was considered to be no good and sold on, breaks my heart but at least they both now have a good life with us.

The only problem now is that the lawn in our back garden resembles a battle field with all the grass missing where they play and chase each other!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by kazer View Post
The only problem now is that the lawn in our back garden resembles a battle field with all the grass missing where they play and chase each other!
thank goodness they can do that though! it's heartbreaking knowing what these gorgeous creatures go through and bless you for giving 2 of them the home they deserve.

i've only been to 1 greyhound race years ago, but i found out soon after what happens to them so never went again.