Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 12:57 PM

Crufts manners (another moan...sorry)

When walking around on Friday I spotted a Guide Dog that was working it's way through a crowd. So many people just stormed in front of the dog, around the dog,pushing and shoving the dog (and owner) in the process. Dogs were allowed to wander up and sniff this dog as it tried to guide it's visually impaired owner through a crowd. I glared at one woman as she just barged past the dog, shoving her legs into it's head, she had to have known what she did and she just carried on regardless. We were the only ones who stopped to let the dog and man through, then they were staright back into a sea of people who continued to shove them out of the way as they tried to do their shopping.
Whatever happened to manners and showing a bit of consideration????
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 01:01 PM
OMG thats awful!!!!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 01:03 PM
I was tempted to shout at everyone at one point but didn't have the nerve, the poor bloke and dog, honestly at a dog show of all places you'd have thought people would ahve been more considerate wouldn't you??? As they toddled off to watch the assistance dogs demos.....grrrrrrrrrrrr.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-03-2008, 01:07 PM
It must have been friday, the manners of people there were out of order. I was walking through a crowded area when I got to a group of people stood blocking the way, I said, "Excuse me please," ignored, thinking they may have not heard I said it again, this time one woman move but not before tutting and giving me a look that could kill. There were a load of other small things like being barged out the way and a woman in a electric wheelchair banging on it to move people out the way.

I have said the manners of people were the only letdown to a good day.
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 01:10 PM
That's one of the Biggest reasons I didn't go this year, the Place is full of Greed, the only reason half of them are they are for the freebies and they push and shove.

Its so loud busy the most undog friendly place, I have ever been.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 01:12 PM
Dog people are supposed to be so lovely too huh?
I saw a lot of downright ignorance, like you Stormey I saw people not bothering to get out of the way for people in wheelchairs and my son asked people really politely to 'excuse me please' and was ignored. Such a shame.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-03-2008, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Dog people are supposed to be so lovely too huh?
I saw a lot of downright ignorance, like you Stormey I saw people not bothering to get out of the way for people in wheelchairs and my son asked people really politely to 'excuse me please' and was ignored. Such a shame.
I saw that to, but it this case I feel it was the woman in the chair was wrong, though judging by the others there she may have just reached the edge. She didnt even ask for people to move politey just smacking the chair.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 01:15 PM
That's awfull, the poor dog, a real test of his nature I think.

It wasn't just Friday, I went yesterday (Sunday) and, Stormey, you must have been the only polite person there, I was pushed and shoved around, cut up nearly knocked over, and not one person said excuse me, sorry or anything, just filthy black looks for being in their way

We ended up sitting and watching the agility and other things going on in the main ring untill we were kicked out at about 3.15pm, then did our shopping when it had quietened down a little bit.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 01:16 PM
Sadly that is the downside of Crufts - you would think being full of doggy people and a 'dog show' that people would respect the dogs - but actually people almost resent the fact that dogs are there in some cases!

When Max qualified we went to have him chipped there as it was a special deal - getting through the hoards of people who were almost resentful of us having a dog with us!

Now we stay near the bench or ring and don't venture around with dog at all!!!

The crowds are horrendous A sometimes and you are right full of some v. rude people who just don't seem to have any thought for others.

Sunday is the worst day for it!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 01:18 PM
Unfortunately ignorant people exist everywhere. That was one of the reasons we decided to leave early to come back. We'd had enough of greedy rude people. Are the freebies really that good that you'd trample over people to get to them? Agree with you all. Pushchairs being used as battering rams as well!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »