Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2010, 12:01 AM

Crufts Qualification

Hi,

I could be wrong abotu this if I misunderstood what I was told, but after speaking with a friend I'm now under the impression that sometimes, certain dogs are able to qualify to go to Crufts for life.

So does this mean they don't have to qualify at Champ shows like every other dog? Why are they exempt from this? What is it about those dogs that makes them so special they don't have to go to any other shows?

Laura xx
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2010, 12:13 AM
From what I can remember such things as gaining your Junior Warrant qualifies you for Crufts for life, as does winning a CC or becoming a ShCh. I'm sure there are more, but I can't remember all of them.

I guess if a dog is good enough to gain a special award as mentioned above it is deemed good enough to be automatically qualified for Crufts.
Border1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-03-2010, 06:44 AM
Gaining your stud book numbr also qualifies u for life
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2010, 08:26 AM
In English Setters you need to have your junior warrant, or a res cc, a CC, win first in limit or 1st, 2nd, 3rd in open...all these will give your dog a stud book number which means your dog is qualified for life

In Irish Setters it is the same except that you can get 1st, 2nd or 3rd in limit to qualify also
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-03-2010, 10:11 AM
Any dog that has been awarded a CC a RCC has gained its junior warrent or has its stud book number is qualified for life for crufts.

In my breed whippets 1st, 2nd or 3rd in limit or open gives you your stud book number.In my other breed greyhounds only 1st in open gets their stud book number. It does vary from breed to breed each breed is put into a band and it depends on which band your breed is in which classes and placing gives you your stud book number
cornishmals
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-03-2010, 10:06 AM
Each breed within the kennel club has a stud band number,each band having different wins that would offer a stud book number.
http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/cgi-...news&h=244&f=0
Findley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-03-2010, 10:19 AM
My whippet gained his stud book number last year at Windsor by winning the Limit class.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
In English Setters you need to have your junior warrant, or a res cc, a CC, win first in limit or 1st, 2nd, 3rd in open...all these will give your dog a stud book number which means your dog is qualified for life

In Irish Setters it is the same except that you can get 1st, 2nd or 3rd in limit to qualify also
Same in welsh we just missed it with Spencer got 2nd in limit when were torcuring ourselves and showing him lol.