View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2012, 01:36 PM
I think I'm going to try some of these - http://www.bigkneepain.com/knee-exer...eningexercises
I recognise several from when I had physio for my knee issues before so I feel confident enough to do them ones, and if it gives me any more grief I'll probably go back to the doctors about it.
If you've damaged in the past then I'd be careful that any exercises/stretches don't make it worse but could be worth looking into some of them
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2012, 04:38 PM
I did it - week 2, day 2, check! My knee was feeling a lot better so I stuck the support on and figured I'd see how I went. Typical, got to the field and the iPod tells me there's no battery left so had to do it in silence, counting in my head, but I managed it. Knee is feeling a little more sore for it but only now I'm home, it was actually fine when running on it. I'll see how it feels tomorrow and decide if its safe to run on Friday on not.
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-04-2012, 07:34 PM
I've done no running this past week, hurt my leg (pulled at agility), then my back (ongoing thing) now my other leg/bum is hurting and I've no idea what I've done but is sore when I walk so running is out.
GirondeDeb
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-04-2012, 07:19 AM
Well done everyone, but it does sound like we all need some good aftercare! Make sure you stretch well, and build those knees up. Personally I find that stretching my hips really helps with knee pain (there is a band of tissue that connects them and gets tight when running). I have also just started using a foam roller to massage my legs after running...it's agonising but it really seems to help.

I'm building the length of my runs with Saba back up as she can't go near the woods at the mo (it's killer caterpillar season here) so her off-lead time is more restricted than usual. I've got to 2km without stopping on Tuesday. I was willing Saba to spot a bird and point by the end!!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2012, 08:10 AM
All I can say is ouch ouch ouch! My thighs hurt this morning
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2012, 08:13 AM
I did ask elsewhere and was told that the 5 minute walks encorporated to the podcasts would be sufficient warming up and down, but I have been walking a bit longer (say, 10 mins instead of 5) with the iffy knee. I think mine is just related to the old problems as the rest of me is doing fine - a mild ache in my thighs today but nothing major. I'm finding the neoprene support bandage I've got is actually a huge help at the moment so I think I'll wear that when running for the near future, until my muscles manage to get a bit stronger at least.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 04:30 PM
How is everyone else doing? Done my first week 3 run - very soggy but fortunately the rain had at least stopped. Almost slipped over on a very wet cow pat though Found the 3 minute runs a lot easier than I was expecting, I feel like I want to keep running rather than stopping and starting - hopefully that feeling will stick around for the 20 minute run you do at the end of week 5!
Dolce
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2012, 04:51 PM
Was doing fine, then i went over my ankle on Monday morning, followed by going over on it again last night. Taking a few days off.
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2012, 02:54 PM
I have to say that I haven't done it for a couple of weeks. I am a bit of a fair weather runner so will get back to it when it's not so cold and wet! lol

Helen
GirondeDeb
Dogsey Senior
Male 

21-04-2012, 07:20 AM
Saba doesn't give me the option to be a fair-weather runner!! I just got some Goretex cross-country running shoes, and they make such a difference in this wet weather. They were discounted on the Wiggle site.
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >