Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2010, 09:46 PM

Coopers new favourite toy

Cooper was being a bit of a pain in the bum so I decided to make a toy for him, I filled a volvic bottle with mixer, some dry food and a bit of pork to make it smell nice and he is going mad for it, he is pushing it with his nose and spinning it around and it's kept him occupied for about 15 mins now and he is still going. I think being able to see the food is a real incentive for him.
jordanio0207
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-11-2010, 09:48 PM
Thats a good idea, will have to try that one
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2010, 09:54 PM
You shouldnt feed a dog pork! I'm not sure why but I know you're not supposed to feed it them.

Other than that, a bottle full of treats is a great way to keep a dog "quiet" - my dogs just rip through plastic
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2010, 10:18 PM
What's wrong with pork? I've never heard that one before.

He has treat balls but I think being able to see the food helps keep him occupied.
loufoxyloxy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-11-2010, 10:56 PM
lol i did this with ruby the other night after she pinched a empty plastic bottle filled it with half her tea cut two holes in it i would of put the lid back on but someone had already took it off and chewed it up
it kept her quiet for a good half hour but then when she couldnt get all the biscuits out the decided the best way to go about it would be to chew the bit where the lid goes so she couldnt get the bisuits out that way then squish the rest off the bottle flat so that the busciuts where well an truly stuck so ... over to mummy to cut open the bottle and rescue the biscuits

i was very mean though i then put the rescues biscuits in her kong for her to make her work a bit more instead of her dish
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2010, 09:21 AM
Cooper got his off to a fine art in the end, he jumped on the bottle so the biscuits shot out the end
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2010, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
What's wrong with pork? I've never heard that one before.

He has treat balls but I think being able to see the food helps keep him occupied.
I dont know myself, I just know that it's not good for them, my OH's next door neighbour fed Benjie pork and we had sick and runs all over the house within 4 hours.

"there is a slight risk of your dog being infected with trichinosis by eating pork. Trichinosis, also known as trichinellosis, is a worldwide, food borne disease caused by an intestinal roundworm, uncommon in the United States. Both humans and pets who eat raw or undercooked meat of infected animals can develop the disease. Undercooked or raw meat of infected animals contains the roundworm. The disease can lead to muscle soreness and pain together with swelling of the upper eyelids in mild cases but can lead to more severe symptoms. "

I dont know if I'm allowed to post the link because I dont know if it has a forum on it, but thats why you shouldnt feed pork.
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2010, 09:46 AM
Well my dogs have been eating pork a number of years and not suffered any ill effects. He ate a whole pigs head (raw).
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2010, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
Well my dogs have been eating pork a number of years and not suffered any ill effects. He ate a whole pigs head (raw).
I know, I just posted in the diet section about moving my dog onto raw and someone suggested pork - it must be outdated now, I suppose if you've fed it them before with no side effects then it shouldnt harm them.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2010, 09:53 AM
Apparently it is oudated as pigs in the UK are now tested for this disease. So it's all good - glad he enjoyed his toy and sorry if I worried you, I didnt mean to at all
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >