Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2010, 07:01 AM

Sadie's been working on her stay :)

First I have to apologise it is still dark atm and since she was too nervous to go for a walk last night I took her early before she goes out with the boys.

Sadie's never been brilliant at staying but since I've been training the pup, she's showing me what she can do - the other day she snook out the room she was "locked" in and pawed Louie's face to get the treat (a little competition is a good thing) So whilst on a walk this morning I tried to see what I could get her to do, she heeled to the best of her ability - if she was pedigree she'd be doing obedience at Crufts (shhh I just told her that) she's quite good, gets distracted easily though and theres no way her head is going vertical.

So I did stay and here are a few of the posed stays I made her do:

Stupid eye shine

"I know it's up here somewhere"

And stretch!

This one has to be the best - a main road and she stayed all the way at the other side - there was no doing that before Louie arrived

And one next to the church, thats a 6ft wall she's on and I managed to get her to jump up there and stay - I'm so proud (Of course she got me as a stepping stone for the way down)

Thanks for looking
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2010, 07:11 AM
awww well done, bless her, although the road pic scares me Sh*tless.

BTW she dosent need to be a ped to compete in any obedience at crufts!

If you are interested the two easiest ways to get there is YKC (young Kennelclub) Qualifiers

Or through the special prebees classes.

If you join the YKC you get a season ticket!!!!(well you always used to!)
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2010, 07:18 AM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
awww well done, bless her, although the road pic scares me Sh*tless.

BTW she dosent need to be a ped to compete in any obedience at crufts!

If you are interested the two easiest ways to get there is YKC (young Kennelclub) Qualifiers

Or through the special prebees classes.

If you join the YKC you get a season ticket!!!!(well you always used to!)
Thanks Mish, I thought only pedigrees could compete in Crufts, we think she's going deaf though so I doubt I'd be able to compete her if I tried, she's no good at long distance commands and she's no where near the level of your Zola. I think backyard obedience is just enough lol but she still has plenty in her for a 9 year old. But if she improves and I have more time and more money, maybe we'll try

The road one was just a one off because there were no cars coming either way - I wouldnt have done it if there was, she'd never stay that way.

We tried flyball back when she was younger, she'd avoid all obstacles and sit for the ball and wait til it jumped out at her - wouldnt press the pad, then if she ever did and got the ball she'd run off, hide and chew it to pieces. She'd be no good at sheep herding, me and my sister's OH went for a bike ride round Lady Bower the JRT in her had other ideas...basically she's just a JRT in BC clothing but oddly no JRT - she loves the rabbits and the hamsters can climb all over her...she's strange
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2010, 07:21 AM
Info about Prebee stakes

http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/859

You basically need to qualify in a heat, then qualify at the semi final, then you go to crufts for the final!

YKC Page

http://www.ykc.org.uk/competing/obedience

24 is the upperage limit, so you have abit of time yet!
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2010, 07:22 AM
She sounds a lovely girl, a reall dog that has taught u alot! Character building they call it!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2010, 07:35 AM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
She sounds a lovely girl, a reall dog that has taught u alot! Character building they call it!
Well she is "my" first - she's my neighbours dog but I've walked/trained/looked after/took on holiday/bought things - for about 8 years now. So she's special and yup 5 more years after this one - to train her up good and proper lol - we'll see
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2010, 09:36 PM
lovely pics she looks so sweet stretching to get the treat!