Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 01:32 PM

Dodgy breeder??

Need help for a friend.He recently purchased a shar pei puppy from a breeder who told him she had not received the KC papers back yet so gave him a receipt instead.
Having not heard anything since he has tried contacting her but she seems to be avoiding his calls and emails so he sent her a registered letter which she refused to sign for.
I however have contacted her and got an answer no proble...she told me still no KC papers...the pups are now 5 months.
The breeder has a website and uses well known lines.I have also found a dog bred by her in champ show results so she must register some dogs.
Any advice welcome!
Nikki
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
Need help for a friend.He recently purchased a shar pei puppy from a breeder who told him she had not received the KC papers back yet so gave him a receipt instead.
Having not heard anything since he has tried contacting her but she seems to be avoiding his calls and emails so he sent her a registered letter which she refused to sign for.
I however have contacted her and got an answer no proble...she told me still no KC papers...the pups are now 5 months.
The breeder has a website and uses well known lines.I have also found a dog bred by her in champ show results so she must register some dogs.
Any advice welcome!
Nikki
Hi Nikki how did you contact the breeder, email? Is there anything in writing about the KC papers being awaited . I would contact the KC and include all details and any written information and the breeders name/sire and dam and ask them why there is a delay. If the breeder is being less than truthful this may be revealed. Where did your friend first hear about the puppy, how long has he been waiting for the papers?
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 02:39 PM
When I got my KC reg Chis and KC papers were not back from the KC, the Breeder gave me a receipt saying that the pup would be KC registered and that papers would follow. I didn't have to ask for that. Unless your friend has some paperwork saying that the pup was sold as KC reg, I'm not sure there is much that could be done, legally. Hope your friend gets it sorted, must be so annoying

ETA - Sorry, just seen you said there was a receipt (ooooops). Can't imagine too much is dodgy then. Just not very organised perhaps? I think I'd give it another few weeks and then seek legal advice, if it were me.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 05:42 PM
Hes had the pup about 3 weeks now.He has a receiot saying he is KC reg but was not given any written details of parents etc.
I wish he had come to me for help first....a breeder who has pups that are 5 months old but have not got the papers back from the KC yet just doesn't sit right!
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 06:08 PM
Hes had the pup about 3 weeks now.He has a receiot saying he is KC reg but was not given any written details of parents etc.
I wish he had come to me for help first....a breeder who has pups that are 5 months old but have not got the papers back from the KC yet just doesn't sit right!
I was given pedigree details with the receipt saying that the KC papers would follow. It does seem strange that the pup is 5 months and still no papers
Netpon
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-03-2009, 06:13 PM
I agree, it does sound very odd. Most breeders have the KC papaerwork ready for when pups go at 8 weeks.