View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-03-2011, 08:48 AM
"This has been the best day ever, the dog has been an absolute star, and what's more, he and Tai are spending much more time together on walks, rather than going their own separate ways. They sniff smells together, play together with sticks, much more than they used to do. There just seems to be more harmony and cohesion in our little pack. Certainly the tension in the bedroom that used to exist is non-existent now. Tai this morning went round to Ben's side of the bed where he sleeps by the door and gave him a few licks on his head, and frequently when I get up to go to the loo in the night the two dogs are stretched out touching each other."

Jeez What a lot of faecal matter imo. Sounds more like a crap story similiar to the Mills and Boon books Happy ever after ending--me thinks not
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-03-2011, 08:58 AM
I had Tai on the lead, and Ben walked past as serene as you like

Strange that you put a lead on your other dog but you were unwilling to do the same with Ben, rather shock him mmm Why not just go the full hog and unleash Tai and get OH to shock him.
Do you actually know for sure that your OH is not using this collar more frequently as you are not there 80% of the time by the sounds of it
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2011, 09:06 AM
By the sounds of it, she NEVER walks the dogs alone. Anyone else find that odd?
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2011, 09:28 AM
My gosh, as my father would say you all sound like the bitch pack kicking off!!

And Mish, to answer your sarcastic remark, as I have already pointed out, my parents are not very well and I had to go up to see them on Sunday, hence the reason I did not have time over the weekend to walk the dogs on my own

I don't walk them on my own during the week for obvious reasons. At weekends, I may take them out just me and them, but it is far more likely to be me and OH together.

As for putting Tai on the lead, we always do this when we walk past the chickens, whilst we are concentrating on Ben. It is for a distance of about 50 yards at the very most.

You really are scraping the barrel - let's see what else you can come up with? I'll give you some to kick off with:

OH took Tai to the pub with him last night, leaving me with Ben and Gucci. Ben howled virtually the whole time, because he doesn't like to be separated from Tai - or maybe it's my hubby he was howling for, or both. Off you go now, tear that one to shreds.

Can't think of anything bad or wicked I've done for you to criticise me on - oh yes, I know, I left the dogs behind with OH when I went up to see my parents, because especially mum is very dodgy on her pins now, and I didn't want her to get knocked over. I left those poor dogs with the nasty cruel man who keeps zapping poor Ben with a nasty collar that vibrates, poor dog, I should be reported to the RSPCA at the very least.

Off you go now!!

I have to say, I am finding this blogging highly amusing. I wish I had discovered it before!! Peoplle's true character comes out and you discover who your friends are (I've had plenty of support, you would be surprised how much).

Go Mish!!
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2011, 09:31 AM
The difficulty I have with this blog & the posts on the earlier thread, is that I no longer find myself able to trust what I'm being told about Ben & Tai. Gnasher's whole mindset about her dogs is so clouded by skewed information, misinterpreted observation, & misguided beliefs about canine behaviour in general & her dogs in particular, that when I'm told there was "more harmony & cohesion on our little pack" or that the "tension in the bedroom that used to exist is non-existant now", I find myself wondering if this is really the case, or is Gnasher seeing what she wants to see or what her OH tells her she is seeing?

And if things really are getting better, why? What is really happening to improve things? I really doubt that if Ben & Tia are getting on better now that it has anything to do with the fact that Ben had 2 electric shocks a few weeks ago!!
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2011, 09:38 AM
Gnasher, are you really not concerned by the fact that "Ben howled virtually the whole time," when Tai & your OH went out last night? Do you really not know whether it was "because he doesn't like to be separated from Tai - or maybe it's my hubby he was howling for, or both."?

And do you really not know about the significance of this behaviour in Ben, the wider implications & what it says about Ben's emotional & mental state? Do you not think that these are perhaps the bigger issues you should both be concentrating on, for Ben's sake?
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2011, 09:47 AM
David Ryan stresses the important of finding causes of anxiety in a dog's life in general before you can deal with the issue of prey drive. Perhaps Ben's running off and chasing is merely a symptom of something deeper and what you are zapping him for is an expression of anxiety elsewhere in his life. I would certainly be working on Ben's mental state when left home alone - I hope it never happens but what if Tai was to get ill and need to be hospitalised for several days, or worse, was to pass away? Work on Ben's ability to be left home alone now before it is forced upon you and you may find his other issues resolve themselves anyway.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2011, 10:12 AM
Is Ben ever taken out alone to walk and train, Gnasher?

His dependence on Tai does need to be addressed and it would be a chance for you to see if Ben can cope independently of him if you take him out alone where there are other distractions around to keep him occupied.

Please, please, please when doing this, leave the e-collar at home. If he is distressed and relying on your other dog for support, the very last think he needs is to be punished when in a distressed state
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2011, 10:14 AM
Perhaps he was howling due to the fact he was left with a virtual stranger.

BTW you aRENT BLOGGING, this isnt how a blog works, this is now a thread on a blog, Check with your hubby, im sure he will know, PC is plugged in afterall.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2011, 10:15 AM
maybe he was howling because he KNOWS when hes away from TAI that he gets Zapped!!!!!
& youve collared him to recall to Tai!
Oh how funny would that be!
Closed Thread
Page 19 of 47 « First < 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 > Last »