Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
suew
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-03-2009, 04:43 PM

Tummy bug??

My 18 month old yorkie Flo has just brought up ALL her dinner. SHe seems fine otherwise, but she has never done this before. Food the same as usual (james wellbeloved) but she started retching and brought it all up in about half a dozen retches. SHe is now wondering around the garden looking for her "lost" dinner ( I managed to get her outside at the first sound). Bells are ringing somewhere in the back of my mind re there being a doggy tummy bug going around the london and south east area at the moment. Has anyone heard anything about this? Her stools are normal, I am mystified, and praying it is nothing. Anyone have any ideas please as to what can cause this in an otherwise healthy dog? Do you think she is ok?
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2009, 09:40 PM
As long as she seems bright in herself, her poos are normal and she is drinking, personally I wouldn't be overly concerned about one episode of being sick.

Just keep an eye on her and if you're unhappy about how she is, phone your vet.
nikki_kev
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-03-2009, 08:53 AM
There are a lot of tummy bugs going around - some are sick with it, others have the runs.

My two had it the other week...and a friends dog has just come down with it.

Do not feed her for 24hours - see how she is then offer some boiled rice and chicken.

x
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Hi Sue you say..

Flo has just brought up ALL her dinner. She seems fine otherwise, but she has never done this before.Her stools are normal
. ..this doesn't sound like the kind of vomiting caused by a tummy bug, she has actually regurgitated her meal, not uncommon in dogs and she may have just eaten too quickly on this occasion.

I wouldn't be concerned unless this starts to happen frequently in which case it could be caused by a medical condition which needs further investigation.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 09:31 AM
I agree with Minihaha - it's just regurgitated food - mine sometimes do it.....

Just keep an eye on her - I'm sure she'll be fine

x0x
suew
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-03-2009, 04:51 PM
Thanks everyone, she is absolutely fine now. You were right, she just ate too quickly I think! My husband hadnt realised this had happened, and fed her again without my knowledge about an hour later as she looked hungry. She kept it all down,must have learnt her lesson!! Was just a bit worried there as this was so unlike her! Thanks again