Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2009, 05:05 PM

Another example of a clueless owner.

On the park this morning with my friends and our group of male dogs. A woman we know with an unspeyed 19 month old lab came over to us (knowing that al our dogs are male).

Immediately, my terrier and my friend's black lab were all over the lab bitch trying to mount her. The woman says 'She's coming in to season'.

WHY BRING HER OVER THEN TO A LOAD OF MALE DOGS

People are so stupid. Her poor dog got totally mobbed. I told Bryan off a couple of times and the woman is saying 'Oh it's ok' In the end I put Bryan's lead on and walked off. She is so going to end up with a litter of unwanted pups.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2009, 05:15 PM
People are so dumb.

I had something similar happen once. Moron with a Golden bitch who was 'just coming into season'. When I questioned whether walking her in season bitch off lead (wearing no collar or ID) at 9:00am in a popular dog walking was a good idea or fair on male dogs, she dismissed it by telling me it was fine and to mind my own business. Then because of the irresponsible cow I had to keep my (neutered) male on lead for half the walk.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2009, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
She is so going to end up with a litter of unwanted pups.

Perhaps that is what she wanted (and then would claim that it was 'an accident')
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2009, 06:05 PM
My friend's lab (who was mounting the other dog) is unneutered and the woman knows he is because we had the same thing with her a few months ago.

I'm glad my dog is neutered because there are so many stupid people around here who walk there off lead bitches, in-season around other dogs. At least if Bryan tries to hump another dog I know nothing is going to happen.

It's still very annoying though.
LurcherLuver
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-03-2009, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
People are so dumb.

I had something similar happen once. Moron with a Golden bitch who was 'just coming into season'. When I questioned whether walking her in season bitch off lead (wearing no collar or ID) at 9:00am in a popular dog walking was a good idea or fair on male dogs, she dismissed it by telling me it was fine and to mind my own business. Then because of the irresponsible cow I had to keep my (neutered) male on lead for half the walk.
I think i wouldve been tempted to let him off lead...and if he pestered the dog then tough!! But then maybe i'm just pure nasty
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2009, 10:33 PM
Yup I have had the same thing - a guy with 2 bitches - tiny teacup yorkies no less
and both in full season, standing for Ben
He even tried to hump them (thankfully the height difference was enough that he was humping air)
Cant imagine the stresses on unnutered males having that flaunted in their faces - I am so glad Ben and Mia are done so I dont really have to worry
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2009, 11:01 PM
omg some people really are stupid. She should know that her dog is going to get harassed when its out. Why take it out, especially next to lots of male dogs.

Silly, just silly
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2009, 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Perhaps that is what she wanted (and then would claim that it was 'an accident')
That was my thought too.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2009, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
That was my thought too.
Hmmm, it could have been you know because she knows my friend's black lab isn't neutered. Stupid woman. He wouldn't be good to breed from anyway because he has loads of food allergies, has problems with his joints and suffers from cysts on his feet bless him.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2009, 02:04 PM
Just read this, and I totally agree with you. Yesterday we took ours over Queens Road Park, lovely walk, Bruce and Skye chasing thier ball, Pat and I enjoying the sun, when out of no-where come a pack of dogs, following a woman who has a tiny yorkie, who is in season, totally distressed by the whole thing. Stops to speak to us, and laughingly says, well they are all to big to have thier way anyway

Sorry but I am known for not really approving of such ''lack of responsiblity'' so I said....yes but your little wee one is very upset by the whole thing, and if that pack turn nasty, how would you feel if they start scrapping over her and it ends up with HER being hurt. She did pick her up, but like you say WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! walk a dog near or in season./
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >