View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
KateM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-06-2008, 12:05 PM

Blackpool Champshow - last day abandoned!

I've been in touch with friends who are at Blackpool today throughout the morning.

The weather has been horrible with gale force winds, the catering tent has come down altogether and the main ring tent was being held down by 4 tractors. Exhibitors were being asked to leave as soon as judging was finished and the trade stands packing up.

However, not long ago the organisers decided to abandon the show as it was too dangerous to continue so there are now exhibitors, trade stand holders, judges and caravans all trying to leave the sight.

Thoughts are with everyone caught up in the chaos and hoping you all post to say your home safely as soon as you are able.

Truly a time when people and their dogs safety are much more important than a bit of cardboard!
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 12:26 PM
Goodness that is frightening, poor people and what an expence.
basi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-06-2008, 12:30 PM
Very sensible, though dissapointing for people
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 12:56 PM
What a terrible experience, Poor dogs & people. Hope they get home safely, though I think if I had a large van or lorry like some I'd settle for finding somewhere safe to park till the winds abate,
Border1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-06-2008, 12:58 PM
Just got home , and yes as i came out of the ring the safety officer was round saying everyone to leave thank god i packed stuff up before i went it the ring, the news when i left was the catering tent blew in a chef's clothes caught fire he stripped off and ran out side and the ambulance and fire brigade were in attendance .
Anyway we got a reserve today but the weather put her offi thought the benching tent was going to go at one point.Hope evry one is ok and gets home safely
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Just read about this on another site - hope everyone gets home safely
KateM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-06-2008, 01:10 PM
Glad your home safely Border1 (well done on the reserve)

Just waiting for my house mate and our friends who were staying here to come home (last heard they were in the car park but that is getting very boggy and some cars are getting stuck)

Have heard from Muddiwarx who is on her way home safely.
MickB
Dogsey Senior
Male 

22-06-2008, 01:35 PM
It was pretty scary for a while and I think the organisers made the right decision. Luckily most of the breeds seemed to have been completed before the show was abandoned.

We did really well - all 10 dogs of our breeding/ownership were placed and the icing on the cake was the dog CC with our "Ute" and the Reserve Bitch Ticket with his daughter "Chrystelle."
Glad to be out of the showground though, although we're staying up here for a friend's wedding.

Mick
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 02:02 PM
A friend called me to tell me that the large tent over our benching area had also collapsed, I left some time earlier and just as I got home I got the call, I am trying to find out if there were any injured as apparently the stewards were looking for the owners of some dogs still on their beches, just before it collapsed.

Mo
Border1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-06-2008, 02:14 PM
how could they leave there dogs in that weather , hope they were reunited and safe
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »