View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 09:13 PM
Unfortunately I am back to square one as far as a trainer goes and am looking for someone new The photos I have of Yogi tracking are rubbish unfortunately.
Yogi loves tracking, and seems quite natural at it too. He is quite worky though for a mainly showline dog.
Do the Italians do working trials or schutzhund training? Are there any clubs at all within driving distance?
one.eyed.dog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-11-2010, 10:09 AM
Thank you Crichton.

Oye. Fiona. I spy you "Scout75"
scout75
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Unfortunately I am back to square one as far as a trainer goes and am looking for someone new The photos I have of Yogi tracking are rubbish unfortunately.
Yogi loves tracking, and seems quite natural at it too. He is quite worky though for a mainly showline dog.
Do the Italians do working trials or schutzhund training? Are there any clubs at all within driving distance?

Oh no thats a shame. Is there no one else in your area that you could get together to train with?

They don't do WT here (think thats just a UK thing) but they held the WUSV here a few years back so I guess they do Sch somewhere. But I haven't had much luck googling it and can't seem to find anyone that might know.

Oye. Fiona. I spy you "Scout75"

Hello you mad woman, didn't know you were on here.
one.eyed.dog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-11-2010, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by scout75 View Post
Oh no thats a shame. Is there no one else in your area that you could get together to train with?

They don't do WT here (think thats just a UK thing) but they held the WUSV here a few years back so I guess they do Sch somewhere. But I haven't had much luck googling it and can't seem to find anyone that might know.

Hello you mad woman, didn't know you were on here.
Did the "One Eyed Dog" not give you a clue??
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2010, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by scout75 View Post

I am fortunate, in that I have a couple of friends with sheps and we are going to try to get together as often as we can to train. I am determined to get myself motivated though to get out and get on with the tracking side of training on my own.

Can no-one on the protection list help with clubs over there?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Hi I have a bit of experience in tracking both in Schutzhund, Working Trials and blood tracking, and am currently looking at pistage in France.

If you need any help I may be able to give you a hand, if you have nobody to train with I would recommend the book The Tracking Dog by Glen Johnson, it is based on the TD and TDex tests in the US (these are tracking only titles and not related to our tests in the UK), and if you want a good DVD than Joanne Plumb Canadian has an excellent one for schutzhund.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3