Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
You should point them in the direction of our forum then... we have quite a few twisters of the truth and loads of us stupid enough to believe... its an all round durrhfest
Opps just saw I meant owners not breeders
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Most cross breeders I have meet, Dont even realise they have a cross breed..... and are full of themselves, their dog and their dogs breeder without even realising how much the truth has been twisted.
sorry dont believe with that statement at all. I actually cant name a single person i know who own a cross who wouldnt say they own a cross. May refer to them by there hybrid name as it easily identified these days rather than saying i own a cross, o what is it a cross of so on...

The truth cant be twisted they are what they are but a dog is a dog no matter what its make up is. Well unless part cat or something

i find its more likely the ped owners to be full of themsellves but thats just what ive found myself from owning recently crosses and have found this site to be rather pedigree orientated so far. Not to say it is or isnt. Doesnt make any diff to me i love both crosses and peds.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Elmo, you may not have a piece of paper with 'fancy' names on it, but 'labradoodle' is just a fancy name for a cross (named so as in Australia no puppy walkes wanted a labrador poodle cross until they had this label, says it all to me), which bumps up the price.
?All dogs being bred should be health tested (where necc and at right age for each test) whether ped, cross or mutt, if they are not they shouldn't be bred and anyone who pays for them is encouraging bad breeding.

I am a cross breed owner (one dog come when I was 14 thd other 15) and I have never felt too nervous to talk to any other dog owner, why should I? I have nothing to hide and no reason to be nervous but every reason to be proud of my dogs.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2010, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Most cross owners I have meet, Dont even realise they have a cross breed..... and are full of themselves, their dog and their dogs breeder without even realising how much the truth has been twisted.
And their cross before they even know the truth, they must be livid after
Elmo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-07-2010, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Elmo, you may not have a piece of paper with 'fancy' names on it, but 'labradoodle' is just a fancy name for a cross (named so as in Australia no puppy walkes wanted a labrador poodle cross until they had this label, says it all to me), which bumps up the price.
?All dogs being bred should be health tested (where necc and at right age for each test) whether ped, cross or mutt, if they are not they shouldn't be bred and anyone who pays for them is encouraging bad breeding.

I am a cross breed owner (one dog come when I was 14 thd other 15) and I have never felt too nervous to talk to any other dog owner, why should I? I have nothing to hide and no reason to be nervous but every reason to be proud of my dogs.

Some wild and unfounded generalisations as usual on these threads, but I agree.... ALL dogs should be health tested before bred (including the KC ones who try to use the fact they are KC as some form of guarantee).

The word "Labradoodle" is simply an acronym... my dog is not a "Labradoodle" BTW.

Edit - Oh and I do have a piece of paper with fancy names on... generations of them but the names and KC registration is not the bit that interests me... its the health testing (and I have an even bigger piece of paper with that on)
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2010, 05:47 PM
Blimey i don't see why people are getting to worked up, we all love our dogs no matter what breed they are. I have one of the original crossbreeds, lurcher - bred because at the time (mediaeval i think) it was illegal for commoners to own a greyhound (only noblemen could own them) so the lurcher came about so ordinary people could hunt with them.

I don't care what type a dog is its still a dog - the only thing i object to is people being charged huge amounts of money for a crossbreed with a fancy name, not the fact that its a crossbreed.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

24-07-2010, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by animal-lover View Post
You are a vile and sad woman,slating poor dogs.
What have these dogs ever done to you ?
Dogs dont deserved to be spoken about like this surely.
There are a few breeds of dogs i am not keen on,but would never slate people for having them as pets or any other reason.
Do NOT get personal in posts.

Concentrate on what's been said not who said it. If you think an opinion is vile, fine - but don't go round calling people names or attacking them personally.
Elmo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-07-2010, 05:54 PM
I agree but also object to people being charged huge amounts of money for a dog simply because it has "KC" stamped on its bum (I'm speaking figuratively here) and has a fancy name. Also that they're led to believe that "KC" means more than it and it's history, is simply recorded somewhere.
Elmo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-07-2010, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by katia View Post
Thanks for the link - really interesting. I'm still abit bemused about some of the crosses
Katia
I'm still bemused by some of the KC breeds
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2010, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
And their cross before they even know the truth, they must be livid after
Lol
Page 11 of 53 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 > Last »