Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2008, 07:32 PM

Marius Got Attacked Yesterday

I'd just took him on the loveliest walk and really enjoyed ourselves. As we headed back out of the field (he was on-lead) this Staffie bitch appeared on her own. Took one look at us and just came at us like a bat out of hell, charging towards us snarling and growling. (as many of you already know I have nothing against Staffies at all, in fact love the breed.) Marius is completely dog-friendly for those who don't know him and was not growling or acting dominant to this dog.

I knew she was just going to attack, she was just making a bee-line for him with her hackles right up. I yanked him by the collar behind me just as she made a leap, she turned and tried again and caught him but didn't latch on and she fell off him him as I whizzed him around poor lad. I screamed at her and stomped my feet aggressively and she backed away and then kept looking into the distance. Sure enough her owner sauntered into the field (this was at least 2-3mins later he wasn't in sight when she charged us)

I absolutely screamed at him (and swore) - told him to get his "******* dog on a lead as it had just attacked mine" and told him he shouldn't have it off-lead anyway as it is dangerously aggressive. He just shook his head at me and said it wasn't! So I said "how the hell would you know you weren't even in the field and what do you call an unprovoked attack then?" He couldn't have cared less, just sauntered off. I shouted after him that he'd be lucky if I don't report it to the police (I didn't)

I was left absolutely shaken, my hands and legs were like jelly and poor Marius was upset by it too. Bless his heart, he is the friendliest soul on earth. In fact as we headed further home we met up with a lady with a cocker spaniel and he went on his belly to greet it as he knows he has to be more gentle with the little dogs. I was so relieved he hadn't been overly upset by what had happened as many dogs get fearful after things like this happen.

I've checked him over and he is unhurt apart from a couple of puncture wounds. Could have been much worse I guess

It also upset me as it is owners like these give breeds a bad name. It was clear from the way she launched into a blistering run right at us, totally unprovoked that she has issues with dogs. She needs to be muzzled and kept on a lead. I said to Sid, what would have happened if it had been a much smaller dog? Or a child with a dog? Scarey.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2008, 07:35 PM
What a terrible shame for you and Marius Anne Marie. I hope you're both ok after your ordeal. xxxxx What an idiot owner
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2008, 07:36 PM
*hugs* to you and Marius.

You describe exactly what happened to us, and it is scary.
I hope your nerves calm down soon, and I hope you have something to put on those puncture wounds so no infection gets in. x
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2008, 07:42 PM
So Sorry to hear this AM,
It annoy's the hell out of me,I'd of been tempted to give him a slap.

Hope your both ok xx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2008, 07:42 PM
oh Anne Marie big hugs for you and Marius, how horrilel for both of you. Glad he is relatively unscathed by it, it will probably take longer for your emotional wounds to heal. Things liek that just set you so much on edge don't they?
Big hugs all round. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2008, 07:43 PM
Poor Marius. It sounds like you're more shaken than he is, I hope you calm your nerves soon. Sending you huge hugs to help.

Heidi
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2008, 07:43 PM
It an awful experience isn't it?

The trouble is that you feel protective towards your dog when it's a Rottie. All I kept thinking was if he retaliates back and gets reported, my dog will be PTS for being 'dangerous'.

You get completely paranoid about it. It's a sad state of affairs when you can't allow your own dog to protect itself for fear of reprisal

I guess I was more upset than he was... today he had a good romp with Marley his buddy from our estate who is a strapping young labrador. They had a good roll about together so it was good for him to meet a nice dog again after that!
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2008, 07:48 PM
How horrible for you both, glad Marius has not been fazed by it, that says so much about what a great boy he is.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-06-2008, 07:53 PM
Poor you and Marius , glad no lasting effects on the poor boy.

You will never make these sort of owners see the follies, I am afriad
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2008, 08:03 PM
oh no poor marius

some stupid people in this world - that guy was one of them

*hugs* to you and marius
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >