Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 02:52 PM

5 dogs nearly attacked by a.......

i took Tupac(csv) Flea(sibe x) Odi(sibe pup) to meet my friend and two more dogs a frenchie and a bull x...off to the park via the cashpoint we went,turned the corner and walked past the 'shed shop' as we did..all dogs froze then went to lunge forward,im only a short a** and 7 stone and the dogs weight combined i had was about 70kg ....outa NOWHERE came the shops black cat!!...didnt freeze, didnt stop,it came stomping towards us growling and really coming for us..i was actually scared for poor Odi(only 4 months old)...a man watching us saying 'that cat will go for your dogs' like we couldnt see that i retreated backwards literally..and we slowly edged our way...mind u the owner was just standing and watching laughing!!
must say it was a close shave for all involved,and i admit adrenaline certainly took affect ,twas shaking i realized after lol.
just shame it wasnt filmed,was a real you Tube moment.
never dull in London even the cats have attitude lol
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 02:56 PM
Some cats seem to have a death wish don't they.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 02:58 PM
Am trying to imagine the scene, sounds like one mean cat
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Back in the 60's the DIY store had a cat & I've seen dogs come down the road cross over the road to go past the shop & then cross back. My two GSDs would not go near the shop, nearly pulled you over in their desparation to get away.He looked the part too, great big tabby with a torn ear & other fighting scars.
HiHoSilver
Dogsey Senior
Male 

19-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Smart cat.There's very few dogs will stand up to an aggressive puss.Our cats have a death wish.They're not aggressive with strange dogs but they have no fear of them and love all canines.They show this by head butting the astonished pooches...
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 04:01 PM
I was walking past a house once with my dogs and this cat ran out and started to go for them. I yelled to the guy in the house `Oi! Can you control your cat please!.`
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 05:40 PM
There's a cat like this in a road near to ours. I try to avoid him but sometimes we can't help it. Dex hates cats and goes insane at the mere sight of them.

This particular cat will stalk towards us and then just sit there, staring at Dexter as I try desperately to restrain him.

I'd probably laugh at the cat's expression (one of utter glee) if it wasn't so stressful trying to stop Dexter from pouncing on it.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 06:41 PM
We had a cat moment today too.....only it was only one small Jack Russell attached to my arm via the lead! We rounded a corner and there were four cats doing whatever it is that cats do - three immediately hurtle off but the fourth sat on the path and stared. It stared right up until my furiously lunging dog was within spitting distance, and I decided that discretion was the better part of valour and picked my maddened monster up. I am sure that if we had gone two more steps, then the cat would have attacked him because the sideways ears and flicking tail did not indicate a friendly moggy. I had to carry Jimmi for a very long way before he was happy to continue the walk instead of trying to get back to the cat..........not practical for people with bigger dogs!!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 08:09 PM
I had a close moggy encounter the other day when visiting my Mum. It was sitting outside on the path near her house as I approached with Cherry and Parker and I (wrongly) assumed it would move as we got nearer. It stood its ground until we were a foot away and it arched its back and was hissing. Cherry and Parker were going absolutely ballistic by this point and I could hardly hold them!
footsieG
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-02-2011, 11:21 PM
We have three cat in our household, everyone of them love my dogs, snuggle up to them to sleep etc., the look of surprise on their faces when a dog that doesn't like cat comes hurtling towards them. Tell you one thing my dos don't forget they wanted to hurt their cats though.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >