Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-01-2013, 07:13 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Tuesday).

Morning all. Looks like it is dry out there but still dark so hard to tell properly at the moment.
I went to bed at 7pm last night I didn't feel ill just so tired took the laptop up with me watched the first Corrie then gave up at 8pm and went to sleep.
Not sure what that was about feel ok today bit tired still but I am sure I will survive.

Gorden and I are popping over to see mum today and to call in on Gill on the way home. First we may take Dillon over the drier field we have found so he can have a bit of a run.

I hope everyone is well today and your furry or feathered friends are too if not I wish you and them well soon.
Rose I have seen your thread I will reply in a bit.

I hope all those who had to return to work yesterday had a good day and it wasn't as bad as you were thinking it would be.

Dillon being good at the moment he will probably start playing up about 1/4 to 8 wanting his walk. Better go and finish feeding him as he is waiting so patiently for the next sitting.

Have a good day all and stay safe.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2013, 07:19 AM
Hi there... posted a new thread that says much

It has stopped raining here at last but I suspect the roads will be very bad, Checked AA roadwatch and thankful I do not need Killarney as that road is badly flooded.

We shall see... will try around 8.30 when it is light. Trouble is the first roads are single track and unpaved so no turning back.

June; please don't lacerate yourself re the pups. We all know that you have done wonderfully with them., oh advice that to take them off all red meat the while.

We all do this; I have been on the phone to family in tears re collie with the same song...
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2013, 07:21 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning all. Looks like it is dry out there but still dark so hard to tell properly at the moment.
I went to bed at 7pm last night I didn't feel ill just so tired took the laptop up with me watched the first Corrie then gave up at 8pm and went to sleep.
Not sure what that was about feel ok today bit tired still but I am sure I will survive.

Gorden and I are popping over to see mum today and to call in on Gill on the way home. First we may take Dillon over the drier field we have found so he can have a bit of a run.

I hope everyone is well today and your furry or feathered friends are too if not I wish you and them well soon.
Rose I have seen your thread I will reply in a bit.

I hope all those who had to return to work yesterday had a good day and it wasn't as bad as you were thinking it would be.

Dillon being good at the moment he will probably start playing up about 1/4 to 8 wanting his walk. Better go and finish feeding him as he is waiting so patiently for the next sitting.

Have a good day all and stay safe.
Thanks. missed this at first. Just am so fragile myself at the moment.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-01-2013, 07:22 AM
Morning Lynn, morning all

Drainage/sewers still backing up but I keep reminding myself that we need the rain and that everything will be OK. Ensuite not so bad as it is at the back, and lower end of the bungalow, so just has rain coming through the roof, but the other loo/shower room has the back-up coming through the shower drain. Not pleasant.

My water delivery is due this morning but there is no way I am letting the guys tramp more mud and water through my home so I have put the empty containers outside and they can leave the full ones there. Somehow I will get them in.

But we need the rain, oh how we need the rain. So I guess I just have to put up with the occasional problems it causes!

Have a good day everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-01-2013, 07:27 AM
Morning Rose I hope the roads mean you can through today.

Morning Malka oh no those sewers sound awful I hope something can be done today or you get the much needed rain can't send any its dry here today.

June I hope the puppies are doing better today just seen the the bit about little Sasha.
You have acted quickly so that must be a good thing.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2013, 07:36 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Morning Lynn, morning all

Drainage/sewers still backing up but I keep reminding myself that we need the rain and that everything will be OK. Ensuite not so bad as it is at the back, and lower end of the bungalow, so just has rain coming through the roof, but the other loo/shower room has the back-up coming through the shower drain. Not pleasant.

My water delivery is due this morning but there is no way I am letting the guys tramp more mud and water through my home so I have put the empty containers outside and they can leave the full ones there. Somehow I will get them in.

But we need the rain, oh how we need the rain. So I guess I just have to put up with the occasional problems it causes!

Have a good day everyone.
Wish we could send you some of ours.. The river here is in full spate; I could see it from the door yesterday which has never been so before.

Not fair is it...
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2013, 07:40 AM
Morning all,

Rosebud I haven't seen your post yet but I hope things get better for you.

Malka I hope your sewerage issue gets sorted soon.

TW hope Sasha gets home today and the others are OK.

I have to take Brian to Inverness with me today, he's going to the hospital this morning to get his gallstones checked out, he will need to get the bus home though. So poor Davie is having to get up and dressed early.

Got an exam to sit in on today, I'm prompting, which means making sure the kid pays attention and doesn't let him or herself get distracted. Fun
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2013, 07:50 AM
Morning Lynn, Malka, Rosebud and all

You are probably still feeling the effects from your virus Lynn, take it easy, I hope that big boy (Dillon) is on his best behaviour today that can also be wearing.

We also have roads like rivers around here from all of the rain Rosebud but luckily there are higher routes albeit a bit longer. At least we have been dry for a few days now.

Malka you sound as if you are in a right state, why can't things be in moderation! Don't you go trying to lug heavy containers about!

My thoughts are with little Sasha, I hope she is improving. Having puppies can be heartbreaking, I was so lucky with my two litters, for which I am eternally grateful.

I am off to pick up my cousin today, we have a long overdue appointment with the financial adviser, I just hope he is up and about.

My sister visited him yesterday and he was still in bed at 10.45! He can be a lazy so and so. Wish I could be served breakfast in bed, it's like a 5 star hotel only they will dress you too if you can't be bothered and do up all of those fiddly buttons.

I hope everyone has a good day today.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2013, 07:55 AM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Morning Lynn, Malka, Rosebud and all

You are probably still feeling the effects from your virus Lynn, take it easy, I hope that big boy (Dillon) is on his best behaviour today that can also be wearing.

We also have roads like rivers around here from all of the rain Rosebud but luckily there are higher routes albeit a bit longer. At least we have been dry for a few days now.

Malka you sound as if you are in a right state, why can't things be in moderation! Don't you go trying to lug heavy containers about!

My thoughts are with little Sasha, I hope she is improving. Having puppies can be heartbreaking, I was so lucky with my two litters, for which I am eternally grateful.

I am off to pick up my cousin today, we have a long overdue appointment with the financial adviser, I just hope he is up and about.

My sister visited him yesterday and he was still in bed at 10.45! He can be a lazy so and so. Wish I could be served breakfast in bed, it's like a 5 star hotel only they will dress you too if you can't be bothered and do up all of those fiddly buttons.

I hope everyone has a good day today.
Funny A few generations ago rich folk did not know how to dress themselves...
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-01-2013, 08:00 AM
Water delivery been and the guys wiped their feet carefully before they came in. One asked me why Pereg was so angry and I had to explain, again, that she does not bark because she is angry [Israelis use strange words at times] but because she is telling me someone is here, and they should know by now to just ignore her. So they ignore her and she lets them in and stops barking.

At the moment the rain has stopped but sewerage is still backed up which means I cannot use the original loo, the handbasin, or the kitchen sink. But I can use the loo and handbasin in the ensuite as the drainage from there goes somewhere to the back - not actually sure where.

Cannot shower though as I have no hot water but it is too cold to strip off so am not bothering. Heated some water in the kettle and had a whore's bath, ie washed the "important" bits. Then put on clean jimjams and dressing gown so will sit and stagnate until - well, until there is sun again so I will have hot water!
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »