Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
then maybe you should not have posted on how they keep their Rotti, if you did not want negative replies.

You said in your first post, you don't see the way they keep their dog as wrong, that s why I asked the question, what do they do in inclement weather, it snot judging , its a question.

You dogs being alert in the house is a completely different scenario to one being tied up on the end of a chain outside, the outside dog can become aggressive due to being restricted , it could get hurt , attacked by the person it is barking at, it could injure itself on the end of the chain, your dogs yapping at a noise they hear going by is not the same, they are safe in the house, not able to injure themselves or the passer by.

So maybe you aught to ask , what they do in the winter, does the poor dog have to live in the snow with no heating chained up to the end of a rope with only a kennel to shelter from.

If so, do you still think this is an OK way to keep their much loved pet???
well fine then i will ask what they do with their dog in the winter months, so you can have an answer to your question.

it wouldnt get attacked or bite a passer by. it cant reach them, the kennel is away from the gate and road so the dog couldnt reach where someone could walk past (at least legally anyway)

if they leave their dog tied up through snow storms and extremely cold weather without heating then no i wouldnt agree with it, but like i said i dont know how the dog is treated during winter.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2012, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by marley123 View Post
two questions
what is the difference between being shut in a run or clipped on a chain?
when at work my dogs are tied up if they cant come with me,
normally in the feed isle of the cow shed when i shut them in a pen they went mad pacing and barking all the time.
second, what is the difference between this dog and the working sheep dogs in kennels that you all seem fine with?
no matter what reason the people have a dog for (work or pet) the dog thinks about it in the same way, a pet dog that likes being out side is no different than a working dog kept outside,
IMO a well cared for out side dog is a million times better than a bord underwalked inside pet
totally agree with that.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-07-2012, 04:06 PM
two questions
what is the difference between being shut in a run or clipped on a chain?
when at work my dogs are tied up if they cant come with me,
normally in the feed isle of the cow shed when i shut them in a pen they went mad pacing and barking all the time.
second, what is the difference between this dog and the working sheep dogs in kennels that you all seem fine with?
Not everyone is fine with it, personally I don`t have any problem with working dogs being kept outside, I don`t like any dog being tethered for periods of time on their own,

no matter what reason the people have a dog for (work or pet) the dog thinks about it in the same way, a pet dog that likes being out side is no different than a working dog kept outside,
IMO a well cared for out side dog is a million times better than a bord underwalked inside pet
I agree with that, but its in the interpenetration of "well cared for"
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2012, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by louise! View Post
I don't see how that's true. If you compare a dog that lives inside, sleeps on it's owners bed at night and sits on their knee while they're watching telly to one who lives in the backgarden and has little to not access to the family, then of course it is 'less of a pet' if that's even the right way to say it, because it's contact with it's owners is much less. I honestly think the connection between a dog who lives continually in the house compared to one who lives continually outside is very different. Especially if you think that the majority of outside dogs are probably working dogs, which aren't usually viewed merely as pets.
The bond (or connection) between a working dog and his/her handler is a joy to see (whether they live in or out)
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2012, 04:10 PM
I don`t think anyone minds the outside bit.
It`s the chaining up I don`t approve of.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2012, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
The bond (or connection) between a working dog and his/her handler is a joy to see (whether they live in or out)
i know alot of working people who keep their dogs outside, and the dogs work alot better than they do if they are with the owner constantly. they have an extremely strong bond, and in my eyes are no less loved than a dog inside.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
so explain to me then what is the difference of having a dog in a run or on a rope?
and what do you think of dogs like sled teams that get tethered up?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

06-07-2012, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
well fine then i will ask what they do with their dog in the winter months, so you can have an answer to your question.
My question was for you, not them!

it wouldnt get attacked or bite a passer by. it cant reach them, the kennel is away from the gate and road so the dog couldnt reach where someone could walk past (at least legally anyway)
not even if the intruder comes close to the dog tethered on a chain (and it cant get away)

if they leave their dog tied up through snow storms and extremely cold weather without heating then no i wouldnt agree with it, but like i said i dont know how the dog is treated during winter.
Ok, so you are only fine with it in the summer months.

One assumes due to what you wrote that the conditions the dog is kept in is the norm, due to it not being allowed in the house.

Maybe you should have thought of ALL eventualities before you posted it being OK to keep a dog(pet) this way.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

06-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Agree!..............
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2012, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
My question was for you, not them!

not even if the intruder comes close to the dog tethered on a chain (and it cant get away)

Ok, so you are only fine with it in the summer months.

One assumes due to what you wrote that the conditions the dog is kept in is the norm, due to it not being allowed in the house.

Maybe you should have thought of ALL eventualities before you posted it being OK to keep a dog(pet) this way.
how was the question for me? i cant answer what they do with their own dog in winter, because i dont know!

arguing that it cant get away because of the chain, this is the same as in a house. if someone breaks in the room the dogs are in the dogs may not be able to escape either.

i dont think i should of thought of anything else before i posted. i know their dog is well looked after and loved. thats all that matters to me.
Page 10 of 50 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 > Last »