View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2005, 12:55 AM
Give her fish and potatoe, chicken and potatoe until her tummy settles down then re-introduce what diet she has slowly over the course of 10 days, if she has the runs again, take her back to the bland diet.

I have a Utonagan that is food intolerant and Bakers is the worst one. Try steering clear of foods that have wheat gluten, Pascoe's complete is a very good one, as is Burns. CSJ (if you can get it) is extremely good. The more natural it is, the better I've found it (if you don't want to feed raw)
Footybird11
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-03-2005, 09:54 AM
Cheers Mini and Wolfie. I have looked on the Burns site and am being sent some samples, they emailed me yesterday and said to feed her on the normal dog food. But they know she is only 4 months old and they do puppy food, so I don't get y not to use that? So that I can get this right what fish? cooked pot's I take it? and cooked chicken off the bone? Also this is very high in proteind isn't it?
Thanks
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2005, 04:14 PM
Cod is about the best to give, or Coley which you can get frozen at your supermarket.

Chicken off the bone. Yes it's quite high in protein, but for the amount you give, it wouldn't make a huge difference. The potatoes just mash down with a fork once they're cooked.
Footybird11
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-03-2005, 07:07 PM
Right cool cheers, also after I have done this for a few days (if thats right?) can I change her to a different diet e.g. arden grange, nutro burns or something like that or will I have to put her on her old food first and then wean her off it that way?

Sorry bout all the questions bout this everyone but I wanna get it right this time
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2005, 08:25 PM
You can change her over to a different food but make sure that it's done over a period of time. To avoid problems, switch to the new food slowly, over a period of 7-10 days. Start by mixing 25% new 75% old and feed that for at least 3 days. Providing everything goes ok, and there's no tummy upsets, increase the new food to 50% new 50% old for 3 days, then 75% new 25% old for a further 3 days. By then she should be able to tolerate the new food on it's own. If you continue to have problems, maybe a chat with your vet might help.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2005, 08:49 PM
But she would mix it in slowley using the bland diet as the base right?...without having to go back to the old food again, wouldn't she? Just incase there is any confusion over that.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2005, 08:59 PM
Sorry, yes. Mix her new food with the bland diet over a period of days.

Thanks for pointing that out Mys
Footybird11
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-03-2005, 09:39 PM
Ok then cheers both of you. Gonna be more of a pain now do I just give her the bland diet (pots and stuff) straight away or do I wean that in? then I will wean her off the bland diet onto the new diet. assuming its wean off old onto bland off of bland onto new it should take roughly 18 days!?
Thanks again peeps
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2005, 10:11 PM
No, you don't have to wean her onto the bland food, that can be given straight away. Because the fact it is so bland, it's very gentle on her stomach.
Footybird11
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-03-2005, 10:38 PM
Right cool cheers. So thats means I should hopefully have a nice healty diet eating dog in at least 9 days yay
Thanks
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >