Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kep127
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-04-2012, 01:04 PM

Everyone must read this to make a stand!!! **Distressing story**

Right through my own tears I want to share this on Dogsey with fellow animal lovers to make you aware what we live among and to push people to stand up for animals now, I will NEVER understand the evil that exsist but it happens everywhere around the world but this is by far the worst case I have ever come across and it has truly affected me to the point where I feel like disappearing away into my own bubble with my 2 spaniels. I don't go looking for stories but with setting up a [a social network] page for my petition I happened to come across this posted by DFW Rescue Me group. I am sharing this because I want help with my petition which is for stronger action against animal abuse, I can't do it alone. I have set up a petition with a target of 100,000 signatures before August 2012. It is a genuine petition and I have asked for 4 things to be put in place 1. An instant ban for life from owning a pet (at the minute it's the juges discretion) 2. Regular home visits to be kept to enusre no pet is kept. 3. A register of offenders to be made public to all vets, kennels and breeders and 4. A animal awareness course to be attended just like we have to when caught drink driving. I haven't asked for jail terms or fines for this to get thrown straight out due to prisons being full and justice for murderers not given I've taken a different approach. Something has to be done and although I can't control the sick evil scum that do such things I believe this will decrease it. Now please take time to read Justice's (the pups name by the rescue) story there is graphic awful photo's but I'm not sure that Dogsey would allow such photo posted so instead I have posted a photo of Justice in the care of DFW Rescue me hands.....

"From 4/10 - Last Tuesday night, Dallas police responded to a call that a puppy was doused with lighter fluid and lit on fire. When the police arrived, they found the badly burned puppy hiding. The police report states that a large group gathered to burn and hang the puppy. DFW Rescue Me has named this puppy Justice, hoping that he will get just that. So, please meet Justice. DFW Rescue Me was contacted late Tuesday evening to see if we could provide the necessary treatment to save this poor 4-month-old Lab mix. How could we refuse? We rushed Justice to the emergency hospital that night, and he has been receiving lifesaving treatment (along with pain relief) since then. Although he has second and third degree burns over 60% of his body, the vets treating him are cautiously optimistic that he will survive. We are collecting donations for his ongoing medical treatment through our website, DFWRescueMe.org. We don't know yet what surgeries and treatments he will need as his health improves. There is an ongoing investigation of the suspects. We will keep you posted on how sweet Justice is progressing as well as any updated in the police case. PLEASE SHARE!!!

Saturday 14th - Justice Has Passed Away

It is with a heavy heart that we must tell everyone, Justice passed away last night. Everyone here at DFW Rescue Me is incredibly saddened by this sudden news. We were all so very optimistic about his chances for a full recovery and couldn’t wait to see him find a forever home.
Yesterday, after hours of treatment, the doctors at A&M determined he had 3rd degree burns on 70% of his little body. Some of the tissue had become infected and they were not able to keep his blood pressure up. He passed away during the evening.
Now, we can only hope the perpetrators of this horrific crime will be brought to justice and pay the penalty they so completely deserve. The $5,000 reward is still being offered and we pray someone will have the courage to step forward and turn these criminals in.

Here is a letter sent to us by a member of Justice's local medical team:

I am one of the people involved in the medical care of Justice in the time prior to his transport to Texas A&M. I can promise you, that by the wagging of his tail, the nuzzling of his head against your hand and the look in his eyes, that he, at the very least, DID know love while he was with us. This is something to hold on to but it is not enough. We ALL need to do something about this.
It’s moments like these where we often get very angry and sad but then all of that energy goes away and subsides and we just go on with our lives. I want to urge each one of you impacted by his story to take all of that energy and channel it and make a difference in your community by raising awareness and getting involved somehow. DO SOMETHING about this in your community. The only way things will change is if every person gets involved and active in their community, whether in the schools educating children, at a legislative level, helping out the shelters and rescue groups… or even just in your own neighborhood where you see a neglected animal. Don’t just keep on driving – DO SOMETHING!
NOW is the time. NOW is the moment. Find it within yourself to do SOMETHING… ANYTHING… whatever it is. Do your part to make sure his little life lost was not a waste. As angry and distraught as I am over this, I am choosing to focus on the impact that his life can have on change in our area and our state of Texas. I am choosing to do something about it. I am choosing to make a difference so maybe we can stop this from happening again. I am choosing to not just hold on to my anger and sadness and bury my head in the sand. Believe me, whether you are an animal lover or not, this type of criminal behavior will impact you or someone you love one day.
Please don’t forget what happened to Justice – this one life CAN make a difference. Let him be the spark inside you that moves you to make a difference.
Thank you DFW Rescue Me for your endless compassion, tireless efforts and continued mission to be part of this change.

Now my petition is for the UK but it is for stories like Justice's that angered me to start this in the first place.

PLEASE HELP ME AND START TODAY HELPING THE DEFENCELESS. FOR JUSTICE!!!

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/29577
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2012, 02:51 PM
What is the petition for?
It's a US story - horrific as it may be, I'm not following why we'd have a UK petition
kep127
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-04-2012, 03:10 PM
This isnt a petition about this story, it is my point to doing something about animal cruelty. Like everybody should do stand up and help as the report says at the end. Sorry for the confusion I have created a UK petition!
kep127
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-04-2012, 03:11 PM
and the petition is for stronger action against animal cruelty here in the UK 100,000 signatures and the case will be heard in the House of Commons.
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2012, 09:11 PM
A horrific story, but the sad thing is this sort of thing happens all over the world. There are some really sick people out there. That poor little man, what got me was seeing his picture and then reading the letter at the end about his thumping wagging tail. - broke my heart.

I can see why you want to do something, and i wish you luck but i do not think a petition here would help. You could try social networking sites to attract a wider audience.
louise!
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2012, 10:43 PM
I'm sorry but online petitions are absolutely useless the maority of the time.
kep127
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-04-2012, 08:18 AM
Thank you for your advice I appreciate it. I do have my petition all over social networking sites and wanted to try a different approach with Dogsey by sharing a distressing story to urge people to speak up that's all. I just feel like I have to try something. I feel so helpless just crying
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2012, 08:32 AM
I understand this case has affected you deeply. But sadly there is vile cruelty all over the world.
The best way to encourage people to take a stand is to give them either a positive way to help (email the Mayor, donate towards vet bills) or to find a way to change things.
As has been said, we are becoming blase about petitions because they sink without trace - and in some cases are used for spurious causes.
Perhaps a more local appeal would be more fruitful?
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2012, 08:34 AM
Signed x

Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2012, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by kep127 View Post
and the petition is for stronger action against animal cruelty here in the UK 100,000 signatures and the case will be heard in the House of Commons.
I think you will find that the reality is that you need at least 100,000 signatures for a petition to become ELIGIBLE for debate in the House of Commons.

The Backbench Business Committee then decide whether they should be debated in the House of Commons. Time for debates is limited to 35 days in each parliamentary session, and this has to take account of all the issues which MPs wish to discuss, not just those raised in petitions.

My son works for the National Trust and they have said they will ask their 3.8m members to sign an online petition against the government’s proposed planning reforms.

It is also the case that just because an e-petition cannot achieve 100,000 signatures, doesn't mean it is not an IMPORTANT issue that should be debated.

I think this online petition system is flawed. Apparently many who do achieve the numbers required never even get any feedback after presenting them
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >