Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2011, 12:12 PM

house sold!!

my childhood home has been sold today and i am so sad...my head knew it had to be done after dad died but my heart is broken. so many memories

sue
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-07-2011, 12:30 PM
(((Hugs))) Sue. X
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-07-2011, 12:32 PM
It is a strange feeling when you sell the home you have been brought up in Sue. I felt exacctly the same. For a long time after I sold my parents home I felt the need to keep going past to see what the new owners were doing and if they were looking after it. I saw one of my mum's old neighbours in the shops and she told me she had seen me go past a few times. I felt like a stalker and knew I had to stop, but the compulsion stayed with me for quite a long time.
It will feel better Sue, in time - you just have to tell yourself that the memories are not in that house anymore (it is only bricks and mortar). Your memories are with you and will stay with you wherever you go.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2011, 12:49 PM
Moving on and letting go is never easy, but your memories go with you - they don't stay in the shell that was your home for so long.