Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-07-2011, 02:12 PM

Good house plants for a beginner?

Don't suppose anyone could recommend some little house plants that would be easy to grow/take care of? Anything suitable for a beginner really!

I found some lovely little tea cups at a car boot that I won't drink out of (because they're made of bone china) but I think they'd make really cute little flower pots and I want something to go in them. Trouble is, I have no knowledge of plants

Any help would be appreciated!
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Orchids xxxxx Don't think they will fit in a tea cup though.
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2011, 02:25 PM
You really need drainage so I suggest you leave your plants in the pots before you put them in a teacup i really cant think of anything that stays quite small apart from some of the cacti family.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by Rookgeordiegirl View Post
You really need drainage so I suggest you leave your plants in the pots before you put them in a teacup i really cant think of anything that stays quite small apart from some of the cacti family.
Beat me to it Cacti would be a good idea, they don't take much looking after and you can get some really attractive ones.
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
Orchids xxxxx Don't think they will fit in a tea cup though.
I could always have them elsewhere in the house instead of in the tea cups! Thank you!

Originally Posted by Rookgeordiegirl View Post
Ohh I hadn't thought about drainage Perhaps I'll find another use for the tea cups and stick to little pots for the plants instead. And I'll take a look at Cacti, thank you!

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Beat me to it Cacti would be a good idea, they don't take much looking after and you can get some really attractive ones.
I might have a look for some cacti next time I'm at the garden centre then! Thanks for the suggestion, I wouldn't have considered that Cacti could be 'attractive' otherwise