Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Miss B
New Member!
Female 

29-10-2005, 11:37 AM

Calling Wheaten Mad

Hello!

My name is Michelle and I am new to this board. Several people have said that I should get in touch with you as I am equally wheaten mad (or maybe just mad, because I don't actually have one, I just saw one at Crufts and fell in love!! :smt049 ).

I've look at some of your posts and have to say your dogs are simply gorgeous!!

I am a total beginner and would love any top tips from you or more info on the breed. Basically - where do I start? Can you recommend a breeder? Where can I see Wheatens in action? Etc..

My bf is also keen on having a dog but prefers beagles, bloodhounds and bassets - I have to convince him that scruffy breeds are the best!

Thanks for your time

Michelle x
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by Miss B
Hello!

My name is Michelle and I am new to this board. Several people have said that I should get in touch with you as I am equally wheaten mad (or maybe just mad, because I don't actually have one, I just saw one at Crufts and fell in love!! :smt049 ).

I've look at some of your posts and have to say your dogs are simply gorgeous!!

I am a total beginner and would love any top tips from you or more info on the breed. Basically - where do I start? Can you recommend a breeder? Where can I see Wheatens in action? Etc..

My bf is also keen on having a dog but prefers beagles, bloodhounds and bassets - I have to convince him that scruffy breeds are the best!

Thanks for your time

Michelle x

Hi Michelle,

Just a thought you might be better pm'ing Wheaten Mad just in case she doesn't see this message If you go to your User CP at the top left of the screen and click on it and then scroll down to send new message under the Personal message section and then type Wheaten Mad in the Recipient's Name bit and then do your message and submit and when she comes on line again she will be sure to see it as this thread might have vanished when she comes on again
Miss B
New Member!
Female 

29-10-2005, 12:36 PM
I did try that but she had too many messages so it wouldn't let me!

Thanks for the advice anyway. I'll just have to hope she sees this!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2005, 01:16 PM

Thanks for the advice anyway. I'll just have to hope she sees this!
Oh I see - she will have had an email from Dogweb to empty her message box but perhaps she hasn't seen it yet
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2005, 02:17 PM
Oh sorry about that im just far too popular!!!!

Sorry I haven’t replied yet but I totally missed the post! It’s typical isn’t it the first time my message box in full, three people try to PM me!!! But a very kind foxy (Oooo and Leo) pm'd me after I had deleted some messages.

Anyway my name is Sarah and as you probably know I have three (very naughty!) wheatens And the first place you should look is the wheaten club of GB, here is a link for the website http://www.wheaten.org.uk/ Here you can find out all about wheaten and different events that the wheaten club do ect...

[Mod edit: URL removed: We don't allow links to other dog forums]

This is a brilliant website as well because it is full of wheaten owners who are very friendly and are all willing to help you if you have any questions.

Ok before getting a puppies you need to have a look at the difference in coats and see what you like, if you like them all then that’s great as it will make finding a puppy easier. The difference in coat type is not officially recognised as being different, it wont tell you in the breed standard the differences in coats or that some dogs are called Irish coated some are English ect... Some people say that there is a difference but most will say they are split into Irish type and English type some will argue there is also an American type, if you have an email address I would be willing to send you pictures of the different coats.

Im glad to see that you mentioned that you would like to have a look a wheaten in action; this is something that the wheaten club highly recommend. Wheatens are very bouncy, friendly, kissy dogs and can be a little boisterous, this puts some people off and is part of the attraction with other, seeing them 'in the fur' will make sure that you know if you love their personality if they are right dog for you. There is a list of people in different areas who you can go and see and meet their wheatens. If you would like this list I could also send you that.

When you know that you defiantly want one, the wheaten club have a puppy list that’s great. This is run by a very nice lady that also bred our nine year old wheaten again her number is something I can send to you. Oh by the way you will need to let her know if you would like a show quality wheaten and what coat type you like/don’t like

You can see some wheatens at shows, the last champ show with wheatens this year is LKA which is on Saturday 10th December at the NEC in Birmingham.

Anyway if you need any more info just pm me, I am always willing to talk wheaten!! And if you send me your email I will send you pictures ect...

Talk soon

Sarah xxxxx