Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fabi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-06-2009, 06:47 PM

Fabi,

There she stood with a peaceful smile on her lips, her eyes bright and happy. The white summer top she wore only enhanced her light coloured hair, as a warm yellow glow shone all around her. Her arms were down by her side and at her finger tips were our loving boys, Belushi on her right and Fabi on her left, gently wagging there tails in the breeze. Fabi’s tail was long and bushy like that of a fox, red and black and perfectly shaped. Belushi’s tail is long, groomed in a half moon shape and glistens whilst catching the sunrays, gently wagging from side-to-side; it looked like a welcoming flag to all.

All three were standing still; awaiting for me to appear, and when I approached, their tails wagged that much faster, happy to see me there. Their eyes wide opened and full of life, a spring in their feet and it brought comfort to see them stand side-by-side and happy together.

My friend Norma looked into my eyes with kindness and told me the boys are okay now, they are happy and in no more pain. She came to say, thank you.

It is Tony and I who want to thank you Norma. I see you’re here with them and I know in my heart that they are being loved as Tony and I love them. I could feel the love around us and the pain in my heart was no more, the weight of worry lifted and I felt a wave of peacefulness full-fill me. I smiled and looked at my boys.

We are so proud of our boys. Belushi being our family member from 6 weeks old, thankfully someone left all 8 of them outside the SSPCA doorstep. We were allowed to adopt him and his sister Karma. GSD/Collie mixes, both black and tan, Karma with her yellow eyes and pretty face and he with his tiger’s stripe colouring and soft, soft fur. When the touch in the dark came to your arm, his softness told us it was he at our side. He was loyal and the most loving shadow to follow you around. Always wanting to bring joy and comfort to all those who would give him a wee pet.

On June 6th 2005, my best friend, Norma lost her fight against cancer. 43 years old.

Fabi came to us when he was nine years old and in a muzzle. A very large Rottweiler/GSD mix weighing in at 68kgs, within six months he weighed 52 kgs. He was a magnificent beast to admire from all angles and his very presence demanded respect from all. For 7 ½ years he showed his dominance to all other dogs. But from the moment he met Karma and Belushi, he knew, he wanted to be part of their pack. Within three weeks the muzzle came off for good, in six, he was playing freely in the park with nine other dogs. He, like his pack, passed all his exams for obedience that the K.C. could award him; all have received Beyond Gold.

Karma and Belushi had also enjoyed agility and were registered as pat therapy dogs; we would visit the local nursing home and hospital. Big man Fabi stopped many a person as he sat outside the door of shopping malls with his big paw up and toes down, helping to fund raise for Hearing Dogs for the Deaf. All three were volunteers for the stooge program at the dog club. They helped other dogs to learn how good dogs behave. Each behaved impeccable everywhere, off leash and believe you me, we trailed them everywhere. All performed at gala days in a variety of neighbour villages for a number of years and did so without fault. We took great pride of our pack.

Belushi, 6th December 2007, lost his battle against prostrate cancer, 8 years and two days old.

They love you and Tony, said Norma, making me look up again, and they wanted you to know they had the most active life a dog could have ever wished for. They will miss you but they are okay with everything, they know you both did your very best for them and they never suffered.

Norma continued to say, today, Fabi only had to close his eyes for a few moments as you cradled him in your arms. When he opened them, he felt well rested, young and fit again. Like you and Tony, Belushi and I, we we’re right by his side. He was happy to see us too.

We have come to let you know all is well, we promise we will come and visit by-and-by. And when their sister is ready, don’t fret, we’ll be there, all of us side-by-side together once again.

Thank you I whispered; and with that they turned and slowly walked by Norma’s side. My boys gently waving their tails high, turning to look at me once more and with a bounce in their stride, I see them no more.

Fabi, 2nd June 2009, tumours and old age. His 13th birthday was yesterday.

Have fun boys, we will miss you too.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 06:55 PM
Beautiful.

I lost my best friend Louise a few years ago to complications brought on from MS and over Christmas I lost my step sister. I too feel they are here with my dear Jackjack, my little boy Monty and all the ratties I lost along the way. One day I will go to be with them, but until that day I have a place for them in my heart and there they live happily together and will for always and forever.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 07:05 PM
Brought a tear to my eyes.

Run Free guys....
xxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Sorry for your loss x
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 07:38 PM
very touching
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 08:10 PM
my thoughts are with you
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 10:22 PM
Very moving, our thoughts are with you xxx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 07:16 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss but very glad that you have the comfort of knowing he is with those that will love him as you do.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2009, 08:32 AM
very moving , sounds like they all knew they were well loved.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Adieu, sweet Fabi. xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >