Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2006, 05:27 PM

So proud of Cassie...

Cassie's quite a submissive little girl with dogs she doesn't know and tends to keep a distance. If a load of dogs are about she'd rather have a fuss of their mums and dads than play with them.
She's really particular about who she will play with and her choices are sometimes rather odd. She will quite often play with a massive Rottie we meet but will ignore a collie we've known since she was a pup.
This morning we took her to the beach early so there weren't many dog walkers about. We got a ways down the beach and met up with a rather large dog we'd never seen before. He came flying down the beach to Cassie and knocked here clean off her little paws. I don't think he meant any harm but was very vocal and boisterous. When Cassie picked herself up and dusted herself off, she went straight for him barking, teeth bared and saw him off.
This afternoon we went back to the beach, met another strange dog who she was happy to play with for a while but when he got a bit too much, she saw him off in the same manner as this morning.
I think our little girl has reached adulthood and is finally learning to stand up for herself. I must admit it's rather nice to see. She wasn't aggressive by any means but certainly let them know when she'd had enough.
I think she's just letting them know, 'I may be small, but I'm big enough to take you on'
Bless her little heart.
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2006, 06:17 PM
well done, Cassie! enough is enough girl!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

25-11-2006, 07:29 PM
Rocky can be a bit boisterous when he plays... maybe I should send him down for Cassie to sort out!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2006, 07:32 PM
Go Cassie!
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2006, 10:02 PM
Looks are deceptive eh? She will never lose that sweetness & innocence but underneath she is growing into a true North Eastern Lass! Go girl! xx
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

25-11-2006, 10:59 PM
Good for you Cassie, you show 'em
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2006, 09:06 AM
Thanks everyone, she really surprised me but was pleased that she stood up for herself. Send Rocky over Azz, we'll get him sorted LOL