View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-11-2006, 10:58 PM
Mine (Springer Spaniel and a Deerhound cross) nearly always go together.

Sometimes I'll only take one. If it's Skye (the deerhound cross) that I take - Fingal (the Springer) will accept what I'm doing.

If I take Fingal on his own then Skye really worries about being split from his pal.
sammymax
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-11-2006, 11:07 PM
Depends on my health each day. I too have arthritis and walking them together means they get a longer walk. I can't manage a long walk for each of them some days. Ideally, when OH is available (which isn't that often) we take them out together, one each and alternate them during the walk.

Lula learnt "kerb" (a sit) from the start and Beau has picked it up very quickly from her. Lula tends to sit right on the very edge of any kerb whilst Beau, much more cautiously, hangs back a few feet.
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2006, 11:15 PM
Here is the smelly old devil!!! (in response to pm)

taken a couple of minutes ago!!
bucilla
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-11-2006, 11:18 PM
i have arthritis in my back hips knees and ankles
and find walking very hard so my husband does all the walking and i do all the grooming and other things and if im having a good day pain wise we both go on a shorter walk
but he takes them out together and hes allways out at least an hour and a half so if he took them seperatly hed be out all night and after working all day it would make it a long one. the dogs seem to like walking together and i do indervidual training at home in the day as i cant work.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2006, 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by novavizz View Post
Here is the smelly old devil!!! (in response to pm)

taken a couple of minutes ago!!
aww lovely x thanks for posting
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2006, 12:05 AM
I have 4 dogs, but walk them seperatly. I always have as they are all large breeds and plus it gives me complete control. More importantly (to me anyhow) it also gives us the 1 on 1 time with each of them, which is Bliss :smt049
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2006, 09:41 PM
I always walk my two together. Both are lead trained and will walk to heel so it isn't a problem. I train them separately though and so they also learn to have time apart from each other, and have some special time alone with me
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2006, 10:43 PM
For training, always separately. Otherwise two together and then one on their own (I have three)!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2006, 11:19 PM
My two are walked seperatly as my Rottie x GSD loves to chase her frisbee over the field whereas my JRT cannot go off lead (except for when he does agility) as he suffers selective deafness and it wouldn't be fair on him choking on the end of a lead trying to chase after her. So I end up doing 4-6 walks a day so each of them can have 2-3 walks each.
I think even if it wasn't for thier different needs I would still walk them seperatly as it does them good to learn to be apart and have that special one to one time with me.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2006, 09:56 AM
I often take mine out separately as well as their usual shared walks, so that I can spend quality time with each of them and obviously it helps to train them too.

I love walking them together but when I take them together I have to watch Eddy so carefully and call him before he gets an idea in his head, that I don't get to focus on Takara, or if I keep Eddy on his lead and focus on Takara, Eddy gets bored, so I do try and take them out separately too.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >