View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2006, 09:56 PM
Wicked feedback thank you. I just didn't want either boys to feel excluded! So when I do take them seperately I try to alternate who goes first

To be honest I am not one for sitting and prefer the command "wait" which i have perfected on the flexi leads - both boys stop in their tracks when I say "Wait"

Traditional leads are always used for the round the block walks, and then the flexi leads for longer off pavement walks.
metz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-11-2006, 10:01 PM
maybe just take harvey out on his own and teach him to sit then when he has learnt take them all out. i take my 3 out at once and its very hectic lol
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2006, 10:06 PM
i always use wait as well ..............find it short and sharp
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2006, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
i always use wait as well ..............find it short and sharp
I agree with that Inca, its a huge burden on a dog to have to wait for what it wants the most. They learn quick, but you need to have a little patience.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2006, 10:28 PM
so true luz....
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2006, 10:40 PM
i walk my two together - but as you say if they've been taught to stand for showing(as my kenny had), it does get tricky sometimes- especially at the roadside when one sits and the other doesn't!!
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2006, 10:41 PM
The most I have walked at one time was seven.

Two were on a brace, two on haltis, two on dogmatics and Nova always walked behind me, and still does.

I now take Nova, Tally, Cody and my daughters Weim, Jess all together. All but Nova are on headcollars, Cody and Jess wear Dogmatics and Tal has a Halti. Out of them all it is only Nova who has done any obedience training, the rest have just behaved. As I have bad arthiritis now I can't do with any pulling but they seem to know it and walk nicely.

Ben just potters about on the grass outside of my house as his legs aren't too good now, he just likes a mooch about with me and Nova. I have to watch that the young, fitter ones don't knock him over and hurt him. His head tells him he can walk but his legs say that he can't - poor old fella!!

I do also take my dogs out individually, I find it important that they all accept one or two of the others going out somewhere without the others as I choose not to make vet appointments for them all together. None of my dogs has a problem with being left behind although I never leave one alone, always at least two.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-11-2006, 10:44 PM
We do a bit of both, and as we usually walk them together we also do part walks together and then split up and I take one off for a bit of training. Bit confused as to why he can't be taught to sit or stand depending on the command given. Maybe i misunderstood that bit, but ours manage to do both
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2006, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by novavizz View Post
The most I have walked at one time was seven.

Two were on a brace, two on haltis, two on dogmatics and Nova always walked behind me, and still does.

I now take Nova, Tally, Cody and my daughters Weim, Jess all together. All but Nova are on headcollars, Cody and Jess wear Dogmatics and Tal has a Halti. Out of them all it is only Nova who has done any obedience training, the rest have just behaved. As I have bad arthiritis now I can't do with any pulling but they seem to know it and walk nicely.

Ben just potters about on the grass outside of my house as his legs aren't too good now, he just likes a mooch about with me and Nova. I have to watch that the young, fitter ones don't knock him over and hurt him. His head tells him he can walk but his legs say that he can't - poor old fella!!
I have arthritus in my wrists, and it is painful right now, so the harness is a must, it stops all the pulling. Bless your Ben x
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2006, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
I have arthritus in my wrists, and it is painful right now, so the harness is a must, it stops all the pulling. Bless your Ben x
You wouldn't say "Bless him" if you could smell what I can smell!!!!!! He is laid by my feet farting for Britain - better out than in I say!!!!!!!!!!
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >