Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2005, 12:08 PM

Potato storage

Has anyone got a nifty way of storing potatoes?

When cupboard space is at a minimum and need to keep them well away from a soon to be prying pup?

I was toying with the idea of a slim sack that could hang from the roof (similar to how onions/garlic hang) but didn't know if such a sack existed for potatoes.

Any suggestions? And closing up the kitchen isn't an option since we're open planned, we will be putting a gate up to keep him out of the kitchen, but I would like a place to put these potatoes permanently.

Thanks guys
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2005, 12:13 PM
I've seen 'potato sacks' advertised (I'm surprised you don't have a contact with your business). Sure I've seen white calico/whatever, with 'POTATOES' helpfully emblazoned, like the drawstring bags for bread/french sticks

I've also seen terracotta pots, where you put the spuds in the top and then take them as they tumble from a 'mouth' at the bottom.

If I see any catalogues in the next few days/couple of weeks I'll send you a heads up.