View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 09:17 AM
Yep can't beat fresh air - have you tried a fragrance candle, we have the door open all day but in the evening light a candle.
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 09:38 AM
Hi Sweep, we don't have Fern yet - just preparing ahead

We currently use fragranced candles but they aren't too successful as most of our house is open planned and it just gets lost in the void.

I've checked out Ashlady's suggestion and this little machine looks brilliant - and you can use essential oils in it - lavender and stuff, sounds like the perfect accessory

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Carole's daily floor mopping has got me motivated to give it ago too
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 09:44 AM
Bicarb is good for getting smells out of carpets use it like you would shake and vac, sprinkle it onto the carpet rub in if required, then leave for an hour or overnight then give a good hoover this really works to get the smells out.

Mo
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 09:45 AM
thanks for that mo im adding that to my weekly de smell list
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by mo
Bicarb is good for getting smells out of carpets use it like you would shake and vac, sprinkle it onto the carpet rub in if required, then leave for an hour or overnight then give a good hoover this really works to get the smells out.

Mo
Good Idea !

I forgot all about that ! Well done
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by Willow
Now comes the next 'dangerous' question ? How often do ppl clean their houses then to get rid of the doggie smells ?
With using the Goodsphere I don't tend to get too many doggy smells. Both doglets are brushed with an ionizing brush and Tia always smells like a tarts handbag anyway (she rolls on the bathroom floor after OH has applied aftershave!) The carpets are hoovered every day and the hard floors are mopped every day. I hire an industrial shampooer every 3 months. That just leaves the washing, ironing, winda cleaning.............
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 10:00 AM
i bought a vax rapide deluxe a week or so ago . only £150 wash my carpets when i like now and it used anit bacterial / deodorising stuff to wash with . just as easy as hoovering
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-08-2005, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by Carole
plenty of fresh air, keep windows and doors open and wash dog bedding regularly thats what I do.
Good tip Carole better than all these chemicals
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2