Female 

04-08-2005, 09:48 AM

like this ? the carpet is called harvest walls warm gold

Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2005, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by Sweep
Hhhmm!! the carpet is only for the Stairs and landing upstairs as the hallway is wooden floor, also the dogs dont go upstairs. I am thinking that a creamy colour may be better colour wise though. Decisions decisions!!
My dogs don't go upstairs either but a dark carpet will make you realise how many hairs get dragged up on your shoes!!!!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2005, 10:04 AM
the above carpet has been a god send ....its quite short piled and dosen't show the dirt or hair......dark brown would be a nightmare in my house !
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2005, 11:36 AM
OOHHhh! Inca I like that carpet - nice decor too and so clean.

Please excuse unfinished work, but do you think the layout of your House & mine are a bit similar?

Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2005, 12:29 PM
yes they are sweep ....my hall would be too dark if i had a dark carpet ..in that pic all the doors upstairs are open but when shut it dose close in ..
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2005, 12:45 PM
Yep I get you Archer - also with Golden Retrievers the fur would really stand out on brown carpet, should have thought of that as years ago we had burgundy carpet, big mistake

Inca - looks like you have 2 doors directly at top of stairs I only have one, then three others but agree light okay if doors open - may take copy of your pic to carpet showroom, would you mind?
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2005, 01:40 PM
no probs its carpet right ........cheap but cheerful

same in my lounge but its oatmeal in there
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2005, 12:13 PM
That carpet in the picture looks great, but I would ( and did ) get a paler background. I have an almost cream, but a bit darker one with the speckles in it. And the speckles hide a multitude of sins! I hoover every 2-3 days (hate hoovering!!!!). I did have wooden flooring that I loved but the dogs did not! They kept on falling over and it was worse than carpet to look after! The hair balls after 2 days made it look like I hadnt hoovered for 2 years!!!!
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2005, 12:42 PM
This is my carpet. It hides a multitude of sins and is not too dark. Could not take a photo of the room as it is a real pig sty! 'How clean is your house' type of pig sty!!!

It is the same carpet. in the same room. Honest! It looks very different in different lights. I will clear up my lounge. and post a photo if you are interested.

It looks alot lighter in real life than in the photos!

Sorry, you can see the puddle Potter made! Tried to cut down her Incurin by 1 tablet/week and she started wetting in her sleep again! Sorry didnt see that, moved Pots to take photo and only saw it when I checked DW.
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2005, 01:57 PM
Can't see your pictures
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >