Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2009, 02:53 PM

I can't hide it any longer...

Well I wasn't going to say anything... until she arrived. But her owner has wound me up getting me all excited so now I have to!

I have coming... a little black hoody

She's coming on a temporary basis at first (hence I was trying not to get excited) as she has had numerous failed attempts at getting bonded to other rats (by a very knowledgable and experienced owner) and just seems to hate other rats.

However, she is so gorgeous with people. She absolutely adores people so her owner is fostering her to me to see if she gets on better with no rats around and a full time human (I work from home, her owner doesn't).

She's arriving on Wednesday, her owner bought her a nice new cage - plenty big enough for a small group but not too big that she'll feel lost in it on her own and can just see me buying all my stock for her

I will get some pictures after she's housed and settling in a bit. I'm all excited now and I didn't want to be in case it doesn't work out!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2009, 02:55 PM
What is a black hoody?

I'm sure it will be adorable, whatever it is xx
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2009, 03:01 PM
A rat

She's not a great example of a black hoody as she's mismarked but a bit like this:
http://www.dkimages.com/discover/previews/928/10115.JPG
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
A rat

She's not a great example of a black hoody as she's mismarked but a bit like this:
http://www.dkimages.com/discover/previews/928/10115.JPG
Oh thanks Lottie ..cute I suppose, if you're not a scaredy cat like me

Hope you have lots of fun with her xx
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2009, 04:10 PM
She's absolutely gorgeous, Sheree. So loves people, she just lives to be either sat on you or hiding in your sleeve.

I had her here for three days recently when she had a vet visit that the owner couldn't get to but when she's got her proper cage here, she'll be a lot happier as there will be more space for her.

She's going to get spoilt rotten too

I'll post some piccies when she's settling in. She'll be joining the hamsters in my bedroom and hopefully she'll get used to the cat soon enough (the cat has access to the room only when I'm there but is a softie and sits touching noses with one of the hamsters (he's a bit too brave for his own good that one!)
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Oh My what a little cutie...hope she settles in xxxxx
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Hope everything works out for you Can't wait to see pictures x
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2009, 04:31 PM
Fingers crossed it works out, I am so jealous
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Now how did I know it would be a ratty Love black hoodies since my 2 adopted first rats.

What's her name? I was left with a lone rat when Ant one of my first pair died before his brother Dec I'd tried to intro both to my 3 rescues with no luck and tried again when he was on his own but he just wouldn't have it. They were 30 months when I got them and Ant died at 39 months so i think they were just too set in their ways to accept other rats. Dec lived another 4 months on his own but spent a lot of time on the computer with me and was a spoilt boy If she is the same there are worse fates than being a spoilt little princess
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2009, 04:55 PM
Will look forward to pictures
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >