View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-06-2008, 06:42 AM
The nice thing about it all is Dale's reaction. He knew something was wrong and was so protective of Chip. Lying beside him, giving the pup his bed and now he won't move from in front of Chip's crate.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-06-2008, 06:44 AM
Hi Dalesmum pleased to hear your puppy is better. All puppies get these tummy upsets and most of the time it clears up very quickly. I think puppies have immature immune systems and so little resistance to bugs, they gradually build their immunity . It's a bit like little children who first start school and mix with others, they get lots of colds and funny tummies to begin with.

It is always best to see the vet if you are the least bit concerned.
I keep frozen white fish in the deep freeze /rice and probotics (from the vet to replace thee natural bacteria in the tummy, they are called Professional and you give then over 5 days) on standby just in case I need them. Puppies often seem to get these problems at weekends and bank holidays.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2008, 10:11 AM
Lovely news - now you need to get some napping done

x0x
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2008, 10:19 AM
So pleased to hear he's back to normal and how sweet of Dale to be looking after him.

Hope you manage to catch up on your sleep
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2008, 01:16 PM
I'm so pleased Chip seems to have recovered, and what a sweetie Dale is for looking after him.

Mini's advice for tummy trouble is excellent, I followed it about 18 months ago when my lot all had bad tummies. I always keep white fish in the freezer for any "off" days.

Hope he continues to improve and you get a chance to catch up on your sleep xx
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2