Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2006, 10:24 AM

Ebony - English Setter

Hello everyone, my name is Ebony, I'm a blue belton English Setter and I'm 20 months old.

I live with mummy and the other setters and pointers, I'm very lucky because I also have my real litter brother Giddy here with me, plus my birth mummy Gracie and my birth daddy Leon. We are all just one big happy family.

Mummy bred me so I've lived with her all my life, she had sold me but, apparently, there was something about me that made her decide she couldn't part with me, after all. Here is a photo of what I looked like at 6 weeks, do you think that I was so gorgeous she just had to keep me? Mummy said that was the reason. She also said that, because I was so tempting she gave me an appropriate Kennel Club name: Tawnymeade Temptation

I have got a bit of a reputation for being naughty, I don't deny I have my moments but I would prefer the word mischevious rather than naughty, I think that sounds nicer for a little lady, don't you? The only really bad things I've done, and it was to make the place look better, were to take down the blinds in the dining room so that I could remove the tassels from them. They were just too fancy and looked too much for the place, I feel they are much more suitable as they are now, tassel free, although I do think mummy has got them wound up too high these days, I can only just reach them if I stand on tipee toes. Another thing I did that mummy was not best pleased about was re-design the dog flap. Yes, I know I did it 3 times but she kept replacing it and I wanted it how I had designed it! We've got one of those huge alumimium ones, big enough for a great dane to get through, (mummy said she got the biggest one cos some of us are a bit fat, ha ha, I think she means Remy!), it has a blue flexible door on it. Well I thought it was just too new and plasticy looking, I like things to look a bit rustic, we live in the country and wanted it to have an antiquey sort of finish. I did the first one within 3 minutes of Grandad fitting it all in the door, I was very pleased at that as he had spent over 2 hours fixing it all together, I'm obviously a much quicker worker than he is. Mummy replaced it 3 times and I just nibbled it again so she has left it now, I know it really bugs her cos it doesn't fit smoothly in the hole and sometimes lets the wind through. I like it like that because it lets some air into our room when we are sleeping, although it was a bit nippy during the winter months.

Because mummy was doing so well with Giddy in the showring she left me at home with the others. She did show me at the beginning of the year and I got a 4th place in a large puppy class at a Breed Championship Show, however, she then asked if I wanted to be shown during the summer because she said Giddy needed to grow into himself, (what does that mean? - he's huge already!), but I didn't like it anymore. I liked training classes but that big place with all those other dogs was a bit scary so I don't think mummy is going to make me go again. She said that I can just be one of her babies and she'll keep all the pleasure of me to herself.
By the way, this is what I look like now, mummy says I'm a very pretty little girl but she isn't suprised cos mummygracie is a beauty too.

Mummy says that she's hoping that I'm growing up now and am going to be a good girl from now on. I'm not promising anything though, sometimes things are just too exciting around here.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2006, 04:22 PM
Ebony you're gorgeous and I must admit I wouldn't have been able to part with you either. I quite like the sound of your designs for the blinds and the dog door. Obviously your mum doesn't appreciate good taste
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2006, 04:31 PM
Thank you Naomi, thats very kind of you. I may have to be in touch so that you can talk mummy round, I'm afraid me and Tawny redesigned one of our beds this afternoon and she didn't like that either! Love Ebony x
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-12-2006, 04:35 PM
Great blog.. and beautiful pics... and I do think the blinds are so much more modern looking now without the tassles
Azz
Administrator
Male 

03-12-2006, 06:01 PM
lol I agree with the two desingers above... the blinds look much better now You look great too Ebony, no wonder your mummy couldn't let you go!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2006, 06:06 PM
Thank you Ian & Azz, I'm gonna remember both of you too, just incase mummy doesn't like my next project.
Love Ebony