Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2006, 09:05 AM

Met a lovely Rottie...

Met a lovely Rottie on our walk this morning. Stopped to talk to the owner and he's only had him a few days.
Got him from a Rescue, the poor dog is only 8 months old, was kept in a cage and has no muscle tone in his back end due to never being let out. Very thin for a Rottie but the most lovely natured gentle giant.
He's on frequent short walks to build up the muscle. The fellow that had him was lovely, so thankful he was rescued so early in his life. At least he'll live out his days in a happy loving home.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2006, 09:10 AM
That's so sad,at least he's got a better life now,we met one a few weeks back a lovely bitch,she was a rescue too,so impressed she was trained very well,recall was fantastic,she was very gentle a big softie
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2006, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by nissanmad
That's so sad,at least he's got a better life now,we met one a few weeks back a lovely bitch,she was a rescue too,so impressed she was trained very well,recall was fantastic,she was very gentle a big softie
This one was the same, big softie and lovely with Cassie!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2006, 10:38 AM
Aww glad the poor lad has now got a lovely owner and he is going to get the attention he needs You wonder why some people get dogs at times don't you
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2006, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Aww glad the poor lad has now got a lovely owner and he is going to get the attention he needs You wonder why some people get dogs at times don't you
Absolutely, you wonder what some people's children are like if they treat their animals this way.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-08-2006, 11:20 AM
Rotties are wonderful dogs and make exceptional companions Jackie,but im glad in a way they have lost popularity cause the yobs wont buy them as status symbols.I'd love another,but every one i come across in rescue wouldnt get along with another dog sadly.

Just gotta keep lookin'!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2006, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
Rotties are wonderful dogs and make exceptional companions Jackie,but im glad in a way they have lost popularity cause the yobs wont buy them as status symbols.I'd love another,but every one i come across in rescue wouldnt get along with another dog sadly.

Just gotta keep lookin'!
I know Steve, I'm sure this poor lad had been bought as a guard dog. Thank goodness he's now with a good family.