Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2006, 06:24 PM

Back from the vets with Benji.

Well we got the Spanish vet who I find very hard to understand. He's a lovely man but I can't understand a lot of what he says

Anyway he has given him some Rilexine antibiotics, some pred tablets, and antibiotic injection and anti-inflamatory injection and I asked about Ivermectin because someone on here (can't remember who) said that Stronghold won't kill the mites outright and that only Ivermectin would so I thought I would ask the vet about that and he said yes I could try Ivermectin so he gave him an injection of that but I am really worried now because he said if he starts shaking or behaving differently phone them up and take him back in I will be watching him like an hawk tonight

I also asked for him to do his anal glands which were full again so he should feel a bit better after that. Anyway it cost £33.40 altogether which wasn't bad for consultation, anal glands emptying, 3 injections of Panomec, Dexadreson and Ceporex and 14 Rilexine tablets and 14 pred tablets.

He has to go back next Friday to see how he is doing.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2006, 06:26 PM
Poor Benji

I hope all these medicines make him better now
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2006, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by justlou
Poor Benji

I hope all these medicines make him better now
Thanks Lou I think he was beginning to feel like a pin cushion with 3 different injections Still didn't manage to keep his 4 paws on the table - he's a pain in the neck on the vets table he always has to have two paws and his chest resting on my arm and I get a dead arm after a bit

The vet weighed him too so he could work out how much Ivermectin to give him and the fatty weighed 11.5 kg
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-08-2006, 06:42 PM
Dont worry too much about what the vet said about shaking etc Foxy-he was only making you aware of possible side effects and i think he did a good job in letting you know.

I hope he gets all sorted Foxy cause he's had a bit of a rough trot just lately so reading your post earlier was like dejavu.It cant be nice for pets going to the vets anyway cause they dont understand that what the man/woman is doing will benefit them and they only inflict pain! Benji is obviously just very wary of them which is understandable considering the ear problem he had.

Oh and he's not a fatty at 11.5kgs-he's rather slight!
Lolo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-08-2006, 06:46 PM
ah poor Benjy, at least you've got some stuff to help sort him out now,
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2006, 06:48 PM
aww poor benji i bet he feels like a voodoo doll having all his injections,lets hope they work for him
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2006, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
Dont worry too much about what the vet said about shaking etc Foxy-he was only making you aware of possible side effects and i think he did a good job in letting you know.

I hope he gets all sorted Foxy cause he's had a bit of a rough trot just lately so reading your post earlier was like dejavu.It cant be nice for pets going to the vets anyway cause they dont understand that what the man/woman is doing will benefit them and they only inflict pain! Benji is obviously just very wary of them which is understandable considering the ear problem he had.

Oh and he's not a fatty at 11.5kgs-he's rather slight!
Thanks Steve I will just feel really bad though if anything happens because I am to blame for him having the Ivermectin although I'm sure the vet wouldn't have given it to him if it was that bad would he My guinea pigs had three injections of it earlier this year and they were fine and no more scratching so if they were okay then Benji should be.

He is a fatty for a Bichon because they should only weigh about 5 - 6 Kgs I think He is quite big for a Bichon though although I think he ideally could do with getting down to about 8 or 9 kg, although that's easier said than done cos he is a greedy little devil
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2006, 06:50 PM
Bless his little heart, hope he feels better soon!
He is a little fatty, Cassie's only 10.2 kgs lol
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2006, 06:51 PM
Thanks Lolo and Jenn Yes I hope something works too because I would hate to think we are back at square one with him trying to find out what is causing him to itch - I really thought we had cracked it when he was diagnosed with sarcoptes and they said it was easily cured with Stronghold
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2006, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond
Bless his little heart, hope he feels better soon!
He is a little fatty, Cassie's only 10.2 kgs lol
Omg - its hard to believe he weighs more than a Border Collie Has Cassie been spayed?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >