View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2006, 04:11 PM
Can you leave a radio somewhere for him so he can hear voices/music???
Big fluffy cushion in the bed???
Could you put a small sandpit or something in and give hime somewhere to dig for treats???? Just thinking off the top of my head!
Probably does sleep a lot. Try to vary his treats /kongs etc...try tho think of ways of hiding them for him????In a box perhaps if he won't eat the cardboard?????
Pups teeth, then when they are about 8 months they go through a secondary teething phase, which people then take to be destructive behaviour as they assume that teethin has finished. It's when their big teeth settle into the gums properly and it can be painful, so Loki could be going through that.
Hope this helps
Axxxxx
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2006, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by Ailsa1
Can you leave a radio somewhere for him so he can hear voices/music???
Big fluffy cushion in the bed???
Could you put a small sandpit or something in and give hime somewhere to dig for treats???? Just thinking off the top of my head!
Probably does sleep a lot. Try to vary his treats /kongs etc...try tho think of ways of hiding them for him????In a box perhaps if he won't eat the cardboard?????
Pups teeth, then when they are about 8 months they go through a secondary teething phase, which people then take to be destructive behaviour as they assume that teethin has finished. It's when their big teeth settle into the gums properly and it can be painful, so Loki could be going through that.
Hope this helps
Axxxxx
Thanks A I didnt know that about his teeth, I am glad you told me, he does seem to be chewing alot again so wouldnt be suprised if thats whats happening, he isnt far off 8 months.
I have been looking at getting a little radio since the last one broke so will have to get one at the weekend. Loki loves digging so a sand pit would be a great idea, I will have to look into it also may help with him digging up my garden if he can dig in the day instead. I wanted to give him somewhere to dig at home but OH is worried about him getting sand all over garden and through house which is rented so a sand pit at work may solve that too! Great idea thankyou!
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2006, 08:31 AM
Originally Posted by Donna&Zuki
Sorry I couldn't suggest any toys and things, I have tried everything to keep Zuki entertained and in the end decided to give up my job although it has done me a favour because I can continue with my studies without the worry of work. I cant leave Zuki to do my weekly shop with out feeling guilty and ending up with a stroppy madam on my return. I feel for you and hope that you can find a solution
Thats ok you have helped making me think about whether it would be possible to leave him with a family members dog who may be moving near me after xmas will have to wait and see what happens.
I would love to give up work and not have to leave him, you never know if I win the lottery tonight I could
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2006, 09:19 AM
Deccy is 19 months and is still teething
Have you considered wedging a carrot halfway through the bars? Mine love that, it takes them ages to pull it through and they love the carrot, too!
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2006, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by Deccy
Deccy is 19 months and is still teething
Have you considered wedging a carrot halfway through the bars? Mine love that, it takes them ages to pull it through and they love the carrot, too!
Wow! Didnt realise it could go on so long!
Thanks for the idea unfortunatly he doesnt seem to have taken to carrot, I tried giving him a carrot before and he licked it abit then left it!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2