Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2006, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki
Watch out though Jackie - frogs are extremely toxic to dogs - and can be dangerous

Was my first thought Vicki, but it's the first one she's ever gone for and it escaped unharmed. She's absolutely fine but thanks for the reminder
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2006, 08:35 PM
my cats used to bring me a dead frog in every day. bens seen a frog but i wouldnt let him near it.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2006, 08:36 PM
She had it before OH even saw what it was
Ray
Dogsey Senior
Male 

10-08-2006, 08:37 PM
My dog nudges them to make them jump
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2006, 08:40 PM
LOL, she usually doesn't bother with anything at all. She stuck her nose in a bunny hole...once...and got kicked by the resident bunny for her efforts. She looks like such an innocent little thing...but she's not
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2006, 06:02 AM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond
Was my first thought Vicki, but it's the first one she's ever gone for and it escaped unharmed. She's absolutely fine but thanks for the reminder
Next door have a pond and despite there being an eight foot wooden fence between their garden and mine, we still get frogs in our garden, particularly when it rains - Len, of course, thinks they are his personal playthings.... and I have to watch very carefully for them. One of my previous Shiba's, Mishu, ate a small one and was so, so sick, I really thought I was going to lose her. Thanks to my vet, she recovered, but it was so scary!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2006, 07:36 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki
Next door have a pond and despite there being an eight foot wooden fence between their garden and mine, we still get frogs in our garden, particularly when it rains - Len, of course, thinks they are his personal playthings.... and I have to watch very carefully for them. One of my previous Shiba's, Mishu, ate a small one and was so, so sick, I really thought I was going to lose her. Thanks to my vet, she recovered, but it was so scary!

Will definitely watch her closely now we know she can catch them
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2006, 09:08 AM
Are toads poisonous too? Bongo found a toad in the garden, but I think she was as afraid of it as it was of her, so she didn't actually touch it, just barked like the ferocious red terrier she is
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2006, 09:34 AM
Originally Posted by duboing
Are toads poisonous too? Bongo found a toad in the garden, but I think she was as afraid of it as it was of her, so she didn't actually touch it, just barked like the ferocious red terrier she is
Think they are. Thankfully we're back from our walk today frog free!
Daniellew
Dogsey Junior

11-08-2006, 10:29 AM
My boxer (sadly no longer with me) caught a frog in the garden as the nextdoor neighbour has a pond, by the time we got to him, he had already eaten half, he was foaming at the mouth and his face was covered in green slobber.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >