Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mitch
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 03:23 PM

Mating help

Does anyone no that if a bitches season dries up on day 13/14 is that that the end of it or can she still be mated. The bitch has been coming to mine from day 10 and she was bleeding as normal. She showed no interest in being ready to mate, not flirting, moving her tail or anything she growled everytime she was mounted.
On the 13th day the bleeding stopped, still no interest to mate. Day 14 totally dry, still gowling when mounted, although she was turning her back to him.
Do you think it was a short season and we've missed it, or can the bleeding stop before they ovulate. Toesy is showing all signs that the bitch is ready.

Mitch
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 03:26 PM
A bitch can still be mated eveen if she has stopped bleeding as far as i know lol
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 04:08 PM
Sorry Mitch no idea but good luck
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-11-2004, 04:57 PM
When my bitches have been in season they have bled for the first week and then during there most fertile period bleeding became much lighter, which was week 2. They started bleeding again in week 3. I must say that during week 2 I sometimes thought they had stopped bleeding altogether as it was that light.

Cassy my eldest bitch use to only come in season for 2 weeks. The first time we mated her was days 12 and 13 and this did not result in a sucessful pregnancy so next time we did it on days 8 and 9 and this worked for her and she got pregnant.

Cassy also hated the mating procedure and was very aggressive towards the stud dog. Everyone told me if we had the right days she would willingly let the male mount her but this was not the case. She just freaked right out once the dog started penetrating her so in the end we just had to hold her and restrain her from hurting the dog . Luckily there was no tie as I'm sure she wouldn't have stood and caused damage to herself pulling away.

All turned out ok and everyone reckoned we did it too soon into her season but 9 weeks later 7 pups.

Anne.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 05:35 PM
Rosie will stand from day one of her season, whereas Daisy, no matter what day she's on is never friendly to the stud dog, as soon as he enters the room she snarls, growls and barks, but once the tie is established she relaxes......in fact resulting in a 50 minute tie 4 weeks ago, this was day 13.

Her bleeding had stopped when we got to stud on day 13 and I thought she had gone over, but the stud dog told us different, the only time we noticed any colour was when the stud dog had done the 'deed' and there was a tiny bit of pink/wet on the sheet they had been stood on. But I really thought it had finished and she had gone over, but I can quite positively say she is pregnant

Back in the summer we didn't get a mating until day 20, so it just goes to show that each season is different.

You could always get the bitch premate tested, it will tell you if she has gone over or is heading in the right direction.....lets hope she's late ovulating

But just because there isn't any colouring, it doesn't mean she has gone over. Even her swelling had gone down which made me more certain we had missed.
mitch
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 09:35 PM
Her swelling has also gone down, She wasn't having any of it again tonight, she was growling and her owner held her, but she was struggling and making such a fuss, and that was with him only sniffing her. Toesy didn't seem that interested, he was more interested in getting into the house where there was their other bitch who is also in season.
We even began to think that it wasn't her proper season, and maybe she was just brought in by the other one.
Never mind they is always next time.

Mitch
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 09:38 PM
Could she be having a split season? My Rosie did this this time, she started bleeding, swelling for 2 days, then the bleeding stopped, she did this twice in a month........then finally her proper season started 4 weeks after the first bleed.
jayne
Dogsey Senior

15-11-2004, 09:39 PM
hi...sounds to me like shez having a split season/not a proper one,vets would be able to tell with blood test ect...or maybe best to wait till next season...good luck...jayne
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-11-2004, 09:42 PM
Its a shame when a mating doesn't go to plan as 6 months is a long to wait till the next season.

How many times have you been driving along say in the car and you spot 2 dogs "at it" by the side of the road. Everyone takes it for granted that dogs will just get down and do it, but when you actually want them to and they don't its the hardest thing in the world to get a result.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 10:31 PM
I need help stopping Teagan mating! She's taken a fancy to me tonight! She got on my back, then on my legs! lol