View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ragga_dood
Dogsey Junior
Male 

11-11-2004, 01:01 AM
"Theres quite a few AB owners that post on here, myself included, any responsible AB owner is i am sure fully aware of where they stand regarding the law.",
There we are then, thanks for pointing that out!
cheers!
Whiz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-11-2004, 01:02 AM
I will Eraze, think i ought to start showing her off as shes changed so much in looks since the last time i posted piccies of her even though its only been around a month.
Shes turning into a stunner
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

11-11-2004, 01:15 AM
hey stop teasing!!
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by WhizGirl
Luckily in the uk there are four banned breeds, hopefully things will stay that way.
Although the AB is becomming a very popular breed right now so it would be extremely difficult i think for the DDA to add this breed to the act, as thousands of owners would be in complete uproar, as AB`s are not as *rare* as they were 5-6 years ago. So the fact that they are becomming a popular breed, especially for families this in its self helps the AB a great deal plus theres not one single report of an AB attack or bite incident, so this is also a great deal of help with the so called AB issue.
The stories concerning the AB and the DDA as stated are complete and utter rubbish, we shouldnt belive every single thing we read.
Hi Whiz Girl,

I think you are 100% right, I dont think they will ban ABs nor do I think they will ever make the mistake of the 1991 DDA again, lots of people involved in passing the law will now openly admit that it wasnt that successful nor was it the route to go down to solve the problems they were having, it was rushed through without much thought.

I do think however if they tried to ban the AB if they really wanted to they could, the APBT was very popular also in 1991 but it still went through, it is my honest opinion that if these people (like what is happening in Canada) want a law passed it will be passed no matter how many people demonstrate or cause uproar.

I used an example in another post of say the fox hunting issue look at the support those against the ban had hundreds and thousands of people came out to oppose the ban but it still went through. Back in 1991 only a couple of thousand people came out to demonstrate against the DDA and it still went through.

The situation in Germany is awful, really bad, as far as I know Staffords are the 5th most popular dog in the UK with over 500,000 and a huge KC following so I dont think they will ever be banend over here either. I mention the KC aspect because if you look back any breed that has been banned incidentially was not a KC registered breed. I think if a dog has KC recognition and backing the government would find it a lot harder to ban them than they would non-KC dogs.
Ozzy_AmericanBulldog
Dogsey Junior

15-11-2004, 10:42 PM
They are NOT going to put the American Bulldog on the DDA!

As soon as these rumours started i went straight to the Kennel Club and asked what was going on as i owned the bredd and had been told that they were being added to the DDA. I was assured by Phil Buckley of the Kennel Club that they arent and it is JUST rumours! The Met Police and the Kennel Club had a meeting to discuss the fact that people are bringing Pit Bulls into the country and saying that they are American Bulldogs.

Ozzy
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2