Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 05:46 AM

A friend for Lennon

I know it's quick, but it's my way, and I find it helps to get over the loss of Mya.

I am in touch with the breeder to see if she has a bitch that would like a pet home.

Lennon needs company, I feel, as he has always had one or two dogs around him (even if he does sleep all day).

He and Mya used to play-fight for ages and do zoomies together. Mum with a ball doesn't quite cut it.

Unfortunately for me (but not for them) there are only two shibas in rescue, neither are suitable as both are dogs.

If the breeder has nothing at the moment, then next stop will be the rescues - Battersea, etc. I am just as happy with a mongrel

Wish me luck, and any advice you have would be taken on board.

x0x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 05:50 AM
Oh! Cuz you read my mind, I was only thinking the same yesterday (didn't want to say though just incase)

Take Lennon and let him pick his own mate....thats my advice Im sure whatever or whoever you pick you will all be delighted with your choice

Im sure Mya will be there in spirit too to give you some help
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 05:56 AM
wow..what a toughie for you. I had to get another dog pretty quick after losing Bracken (back in 06) Kerrie simply could not cope with being on her own. So we have Poppy.

I would say, let him guide you as to what he would like as a new friend.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 05:57 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Oh! Cuz you read my mind, I was only thinking the same yesterday (didn't want to say though just incase)

Take Lennon and let him pick his own mate....thats my advice Im sure whatever or whoever you pick you will all be delighted with your choice

Im sure Mya will be there in spirit too to give you some help
Thanks Steph *hugs*. I've just seen the most gorgeous lurcher girl at Battersea Dogs Home and another on SEDR websites. The one at Battersea looks pretty perfect for us. Isn't she lovely?
http://www.battersea.org.uk/applicat..._livedogs=Yes&
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 05:58 AM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
wow..what a toughie for you. I had to get another dog pretty quick after losing Bracken (back in 06) Kerrie simply could not cope with being on her own. So we have Poppy.

I would say, let him guide you as to what he would like as a new friend.
Thanks...... Len gets overwhelmed with lots of dogs around him, so he won't be going with me to choose. He's going to have to trust my judgement.....

x0x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 06:09 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Thanks Steph *hugs*. I've just seen the most gorgeous lurcher girl at Battersea Dogs Home and another on SEDR websites. The one at Battersea looks pretty perfect for us. Isn't she lovely?
http://www.battersea.org.uk/applicat..._livedogs=Yes&
Oh! my!!!!! she is adorable, have to say my experience with sight hounds is limited, but you usually keep your onlead so you would be happy with that I know.
I think you could go and take a peep (go on you know you want too ) and if she is everything you feel is right, perhaps a quiet area for a meet with Lennon would be beneficial Im so pleased Cuz that you are thinking of this route, I feel it would be right for you all xxxxxxx Hugs xxxx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 06:10 AM
There is no too soon or too late Vicki there is only what is right for you and your circumstances.
After the loss of some of my dogs I have had another within a week and that has been right for those times. With other dogs I have waited a few months and that was right for us at those times.
You can never ever replace a dog or replace thier place in your heart, but you can give another the chance of a happy life and give you something else to focus on too.
I hope you soon find another playmate for Lennon and a new member to your family.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 06:27 AM
Hugs Vicki. I know Lily and Alfie would be lost with each other so I completely get why you need to get a friend for Lennon. Which Lurcher have you seen on the Sedr site? Is is Mouse? If so, Gerri and I were lucky enough to meet her at their show recently. Gerri's step daughter completely fell in love with her and I can see why. She's a really gentle soul. That day she was moving into foster as she was not doing well in kennels. I've seen a couple of pics one of which is her and 6 other dogs that Jodie either owns, fosters or was looking after, all sitting beautifully watching for a biscuit! She was a dream at the show, with all the dogs around she took it all in her stride.

Good luck with whoever you, Baz and Lennon chose. I know a very special girl will have a paw in your choice.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 06:31 AM
I hope you find the perfect dog to keep Lennon company. I am sure it will help him too. They leave such a huge hole in your life when they go.
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 06:34 AM
She is very pretty Vicki, looks like a Saluki face, and I hope you find your new family member very soon
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 > Last »