Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2012, 05:18 PM

I think we may have cracked it

i know i have been on before so proud as phoebe has walked past a dog in a normal way just once. So this time i have waited till she has done it a lot before coming here and tooting our horn. A whole week!!!!! woohoo

When i have been walking her soon as i spot the dog i watch phoebe as soon as she see's it i say "leave it" in my firm voice she whimpers and the carries on walking and then each time she looks at the dog i give my "leave it" again and we walk on normally with a bit of whimpering but so much better than her full blown tantrum. im not sure why is has taken me so long to fiqure out i need to get in there before the tantrum i have no idea as once she is in tantrum i could wave steak in front of her and she wouldnt take any notice. Ive spent this whole time watching the other dog and planning an escape and trying to think how i will deal with tantrum. I really hope we may have cracked it. I know sometimes we will have tantrums still but if its not almost everytime we leave the house i will be so happy
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2012, 06:44 PM
Way to go Phoebe you must be feeling very proud, hopefully as long as you keep your wits about you everytime you walk it will soon become a bad habit of the past
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-06-2012, 10:50 PM
Congratulations, that's brilliant news. Good Phoebe and good for you for cracking it. Well done to both of you.